Shallot BBQ Sauce
An easy and super versatile sauce inspired by the BBQs of the American South. Great served over chicken drumsticks, pulled pork or tempeh ribs.
If you are preparing this for vegetarians or vegans make sure to use a veggie brand of Worcestershire sauce.
Serves: Makes 2 Kilner jars
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
1 tbsp olive oil
2 echalion shallots, finely minced
10 cloves of garlic, finely minced
2 fresh red chillies, finely minced
300g tomato ketchup
75ml cider vinegar
50g dark brown sugar
20g unsalted butter
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1.5 tbsp English mustard
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
What to do
Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, add your shallots, garlic and chillies and cook down for around 5 minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients. Bubble briskly for 6-8 minutes, until reduced to a thick consistency.
Either use a stick blender or pour into a blender and blitz until smooth. Serve straight away or keep in a sterilised Kilner jar in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Recipe courtesy of UK Shallots
Melina - Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Melina - Assistant Editor (see all)
- Pelvic floor exercises and why we shouldn’t neglect them - October 27, 2021
- Bowel Cancer: What you need to know about the disease - October 26, 2021
- Do you believe the Assisted Dying Bill should be passed? - October 22, 2021
- Slow Cooked Brisket of Beef with Beer, Celery, Shallots and Herbs - October 20, 2021
- Scandi Song Selection - October 18, 2021