Winter Green Vegetable and Tofu Curry
“The spices in this dish are wonderful for reducing inflammation, boosting the immune system and promoting good circulation,” says cook and nutritionist Rosemary Ferguson.
“Tofu is a great plant-based protein, full of iron and calcium. The ginger is a wonderful digestive aid. The vegetables are full of fibre, vitamin C, vitamin K and have powerful antioxidant properties.”
- 1 block of firm tofu – cubed
- 2tsp curry powder mild
- 1tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2tsp ground coriander
- 2tsp salt
- 1/2tsp coconut sugar
- 1tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 bag of Strong Roots Winter Green Vegetables
- 1 onion
- 1 small bunch of coriander
- Coconut oil
1. Drain the tofu and squeeze carefully with hands or two chopping boards to get out any excess water.
2. In a small bowl combine the curry powder, turmeric, coriander, ginger, salt and sugar. Toss to combine.
3. Add some coconut oil to a nonstick pan, add the onion and garlic and soften.
4. Add tofu and spices and fry off for a further five mins. Add coconut milk and vegetable stock.
5. Add the Strong Roots Winter Green Vegetables and mix through. Cook for a further five minutes. Serve with coriander. (Strong Roots is available at Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Wholefoods and Ocado.)
The Press Association
Latest posts by The Press Association (see all)
- Big Garden Birdwatch: Warmer weather could boost tiny birds’ survival chances - January 24, 2020
- Quiz: Do remember the currencies these European countries had before the Euro? - January 24, 2020
- Ask an expert: How much exercise should you be doing over the age of 50? - January 23, 2020
- 5 symptoms of kidney cancer everyone should be aware of - January 22, 2020
- Worried about waterlogging? How to look after your garden when wet weather strikes - January 21, 2020
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!