The best retirement budgeting tips on the web
Retirement is a wonderful new chapter in life where your time is your own and you’re free to adventure, learn, travel, discover and explore.
Planning ahead is essential; walking away from a full-time salary inevitably means adjusting your lifestyle so you can live within your means and still enjoy life in full.
From pensions to tips on how to make a budget, here are some of the best articles on the web to help you navigate this new time.
Pensions, pension changes and pension advice
Pensions are an important part of retirement, and though many of us save for many years, we don’t always know what the best way to invest and spend our money is when we are eligible to access them.
- An overview about pensions retirement choices
- Buying an annuity: how to shop around from the Pensions Advisory Service
- The new State Pension overview
- The government’s Pension Wise online portal
- Standard Life’s guide to get ready for retirement
Creating a budget, budget calculators
The biggest challenge in retirement is not spending too much of our savings too soon. Many people spend several decades in retirement; it’s crucial to look to the future and examine how to make your money last.
- The Money Advice Service guide to budgeting for retirement
- Find out how much spending money you have with the Money Advice Service budget calculator
- Tips to avoid spending too much too soon on About Money
- A simple online retirement budgeting calculator
Your life in retirement and retirement options
The world is your oyster – your retirement is the chapter in your life where you can pursue what you want.
- Which? guide to working while retired
- A guide to paying tax in retirement
- The costs and benefits of retiring abroad
- The Telegraph’s 10 best places to retire abroad
- Volunteering in retirement
Are you retired already? What resources did you find helpful? Let us know in the comments below!
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Clever uses for sugar - February 22, 2019
- Rolled pork loin with blackberry, lemon and dried apricot stuffing - February 21, 2019
- The best free puzzle and game apps - February 20, 2019
- Take the Silversurfers grammar quiz – round 2! - February 17, 2019
- The best of Elvis Costello & The Attractions playlist - February 15, 2019
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!