Retirement is a wonderful new chapter in life where your time is your own and you’re free to adventure, learn, travel, discover and explore.
Planning ahead is essential; walking away from a full-time salary inevitably means adjusting your lifestyle so you can live within your means and still enjoy life in full.
From pensions to tips on how to make a budget, here are some of the best articles on the web to help you navigate this new time.
Pensions, pension changes and pension advice
Pensions are an important part of retirement, and though many of us save for many years, we don’t always know what the best way to invest and spend our money is when we are eligible to access them.
- An overview about pensions retirement choices
- Buying an annuity: how to shop around from the Pensions Advisory Service
- The new State Pension overview
- The government’s Pension Wise online portal
- Standard Life’s guide to get ready for retirement
Creating a budget, budget calculators
The biggest challenge in retirement is not spending too much of our savings too soon. Many people spend several decades in retirement; it’s crucial to look to the future and examine how to make your money last.
- The Money Advice Service guide to budgeting for retirement
- Find out how much spending money you have with the Money Advice Service budget calculator
- Tips to avoid spending too much too soon on About Money
- A simple online retirement budgeting calculator
Your life in retirement and retirement options
The world is your oyster – your retirement is the chapter in your life where you can pursue what you want.
- Which? guide to working while retired
- A guide to paying tax in retirement
- The costs and benefits of retiring abroad
- The Telegraph’s 10 best places to retire abroad
- Volunteering in retirement
Are you retired already? What resources did you find helpful? Let us know in the comments below!