From Kitchen Nightmares to Jamie’s Italy, some of the most popular television programmes on air today are cooking shows from personalities like Gordon Ramsey, Jamie Oliver and Heston Blumenthal.
And while many know them for their time on television, these culinary masters all got their start in the kitchen, and today are the names behind some of the most popular restaurants in Britain.
While you won’t find most celebrity chefs in the kitchen of their own restaurants every night, many are known to frequent their own establishments regularly to have a meal and check up on their teams, offering diners the chance for a little celebrity spotting along with their mains.
Sample dishes made by celebrity chefs
From the weird and wonderful to classic dishes done right, the most famous celebrity chefs in the world have taken their expertise to create exciting menus to delight diners with a memorable feast. Some of the most popular celebrity chef restaurants include:
- Fifteen – set against the beautiful Watergate Bay in Cornwall, Jamie Oliver’s flagship restaurant, Fifteen, is a meal with a difference. This concept restaurant chain first opened its doors in London in 2002 and has since expanded to several other locations including this one in Cornwall. Along with a great meal you’ll be supporting a great cause – all the proceeds from the restaurants go to supporting underprivileged youths through training and mentoring and the opportunity to work inside the now famous kitchens.
- Restaurant Gordon Ramsay – This 3 Michelin-starred eatery in the heart of London is chef Gordon Ramsay’s flagship restaurant and boasts an impeccable menu along with an equally impressive wine list. Since it opened its doors in 1998 the restaurant has been a magnet for foodies and celebrities alike and is a top choice for diners celebrating special occasions.
- The Fat Duck – Heston Blumenthal’s much talked-about hideaway in West Birkshire is famous for its innovative dishes, unique preparation methods and fresh ingredients. His signature style not only won the restaurant 3 Michelin stars but also helped it earn the accolade as the best restaurant in the world in 2005 by Restaurant Magazine.
- Marco Pierre White Steak & Alehouse – This trendy London eatery reflects celebrity chef Marco Pierre White’s approach to cooking, serving up timeless English dishes and superior cuts of meat for diners to enjoy, all inside an elegant dining room that sets the scene for a special supper.
Find a new restaurant
If you fancy a meal that’s been dreamed up by a celebrity chef there’s no shortage of choice, and online you can read reviews, look over the menus and even book a table at the restaurants run by the stars. For an overview of what’s out there, Visit Britain has put together a handy guide of its favourite celebrity run restaurants and is a great place to begin your search. Similarly, the AA’s roadside guide offers its pick of the best celebrity chef restaurants worth a try.
Once you have an idea of where you’d like to eat online booking sites like lastminute.com and Top Table each have a dedicated section to celebrity chef restaurants where you can book a reservation and even find discounts or special set menu deals. Once that’s taken care of all that’s left to do is work up an appetite and enjoy.
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- Ace acers by Lynne Turner - October 24, 2016
- Regain control over your electric heating with Dimplex Quantum - October 24, 2016
- Worried about retirement choices? - October 24, 2016
- Why does our hearing deteriorate as we get older? - October 24, 2016
- Something to sing about, by Janice Wilkinson - October 22, 2016