The Best of Bob Dylan Playlist
Bob Dylan is one of the most influential singer-songwriters of the 20th century and has an unmistakable voice
Born Robert Allen Zimmerman on May 24, 1941, in Minnesota, Bob Dylan became known worldwide for songs that chronicle social and political issues.
Blowin’ in the Wind was the opening track on his 1963 album, The Freewheelin’ and was the song that made Dylan famous. It later became a huge hit for the folk trio Peter, Paul and Mary. Dylan’s next album, The Times They Are A-Changin’, firmly established and aligned Dylan with the civil rights movement and anti-war protests in America.
His songs have been covered by numerous artists such as Jimi Hendrix with All Along The Watchtower, The Byrds’ Mr Tambourine Man and more recently Adele with Make You Feel My Love.
Dylan has sold more than 125 million albums around the world.
To celebrate him turning 80 today, here are just a few of our favourite Dylan songs:
Blowing in the Wind
Hey Mr Tambourine Man
The Times They Are A-Changin’
Like a Rolling Stone
Do you have a favourite Bob Dylan song?
Melina - Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Melina - Assistant Editor (see all)
- Cheese, Celery and Walnut Scones with Parsley Butter - November 28, 2021
- Are you ever too old to own a pet? - November 26, 2021
- Beetroot, Raisin & Stem Ginger Pudding - November 25, 2021
- Alabama Rot – what every dog owner should know - November 25, 2021
- Remembering the Big Freeze of 1963 - November 24, 2021