Mini Blueberry Tartlets
Impress family and friends with this deliciously simple recipe for mini blueberry tartlets.
Save time using shop-bought puff pastry; you can pull the whole thing together in under 30 minutes.
- 350g shop-bought puff pastry
For the blueberry compote
- 150g Blueberries
- 90g caster sugar
- 130ml water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (optional) 1/2 ground ginger
Blueberries for garnish
- To make the blueberry compote, simply add all of the ingredients together into a heavy-bottomed sauce pan. Cook for 10 minutes until bubbling. Leave to cool completely.
- Turn on your oven to 190 degrees, and cut your pastry into small 6 cm by 6cm cubes and add to a muffin tin. Using your thumbs, push up so the pastry fills to the top of each muffin tin centre.
- Add baking parchment to the centre of each pastry tin and add rice of ceramic beans. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove the beans /rice and then spoon in to about 3/4 of the way of your blueberry compote. Bake for a further 6 minutes. Leave to cool completely before eating.
This recipe by theculinarybee has been provided courtesy of Argentinean Blueberries
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Clever uses for sugar - February 22, 2019
- Rolled pork loin with blackberry, lemon and dried apricot stuffing - February 21, 2019
- The best free puzzle and game apps - February 20, 2019
- Take the Silversurfers grammar quiz – round 2! - February 17, 2019
- The best of Elvis Costello & The Attractions playlist - February 15, 2019
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!