Mushroom, spinach and egg bake
This delicious mushroom, spinach and egg breakfast bake is fast, easy and made with ingredients you probably already have in the kitchen.
It would make a great brunch that will keep you going all day!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, reserving one 1 tablespoon for brushing
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- Chestnut mushrooms, halved if small, quartered if large
- 1 small leek finely sliced
- 100g of spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices crusty bread
- 150g finely grated parmesan
- 5 large eggs
- 130ml milk
- Brush one tablespoon of oil into a 12 inch oven safe pan (or a 9×13 baking dish
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the onions and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add in the mushrooms and leeks and cook until they are softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the spinach and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer in the skillet. Layer bread with mushroom mixture. Crack the eggs on top. Season with salt and pepper. Pour milk evenly over top and sprinkle with the cheese. Bake until the eggs are set, about 25-30 minutes.
recipe courtesy of Just Add Mushrooms
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- The best of Elvis Costello & The Attractions playlist - February 15, 2019
- Raspberry and apple turnovers - February 14, 2019
- Epic Love Songs Playlist - February 14, 2019
- 5 romantic films to revisit this Valentine’s Day - February 13, 2019
- Does Valentine’s Day place too much emphasis on romantic love? - February 12, 2019
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!