This delicious mushroom, spinach and egg breakfast bake is fast, easy and made with ingredients you probably already have in the kitchen.
It would make a great brunch that will keep you going all day!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, reserving one 1 tablespoon for brushing
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- Chestnut mushrooms, halved if small, quartered if large
- 1 small leek finely sliced
- 100g of spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices crusty bread
- 150g finely grated parmesan
- 5 large eggs
- 130ml milk
- Brush one tablespoon of oil into a 12 inch oven safe pan (or a 9×13 baking dish
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the onions and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add in the mushrooms and leeks and cook until they are softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the spinach and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer in the skillet. Layer bread with mushroom mixture. Crack the eggs on top. Season with salt and pepper. Pour milk evenly over top and sprinkle with the cheese. Bake until the eggs are set, about 25-30 minutes.
recipe courtesy of Just Add Mushrooms