Asparagus, Salmon & Pumpkin Rice Bowl
This delicious and healthy asparagus, salmon and pumpkin rice bowl makes use of seasonal ingredients and is a warming dish for cool autumn days and nights.
It takes just ten minutes to prepare and then goes into the oven. When it’s done you have a flavourful dish that’s packed with goodness.
Serves: 2 Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 500g pumpkin, peeled and chopped into bite size pieces.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 2cm ginger grated
- 1 bunch asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 tsp honey
- 200g cooked brown rice
- 1 tbsp peanuts, chopped
- 4 sprigs coriander
- Squeeze of lemon
What to do
- Heat the oven to 220C/200C Fan. Toss the pumpkin, oil, cumin, chilli and a pinch of salt in a large oven tray and roast for 25 minutes. Meanwhile rub the ginger over the salmon and drizzle with honey.
- After 25 minutes add the asparagus and salmon to the pan and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Once cooked put the pumpkin, asparagus and rice in a bowl, top with a salmon fillet, the chopped peanuts and coriander. Squeeze a little lemon over everything.
Recipe courtesy of www.enjoyasparagus.com
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Clever uses for fabric conditioner - November 29, 2021
- Get Ready for Stir-up Sunday - November 19, 2021
- Eco friendly gift wrap options - November 15, 2021
- Tips for an eco-friendly Christmas - November 12, 2021
- Find craft inspiration from the best Martha Stewart videos - November 11, 2021