Fish tacos in baby gem cups
These vibrant fish tacos are just the thing to banish the January blues. They’re healthy, quick and easy to make and bursting with flavour.
If you love foods hot and spicy, add the chilli seeds to your salsa. Instead of smoky chipotle seasoning, you can tone the dish down slightly but still enjoy plenty of flavour with taco or cajun seasoning instead.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Serves: 4 (2 tacos each)
- ½ Iceberg lettuce
- 2 baby gem lettuce
For the fish
- 400g Firm white fish such as Cod or Haddock, cubed
- 2tbsp Smoky Chipotle seasoning
- 1 lime
- 2tp oil
For the Salsa
- 2 green chillies
- 1 ripe mango
- 3 spring onions
- Small bunch of coriander
- 2tsp olive oil
- Put the cubed fish into a bowl (or marinade bag), sprinkle over the Chipotle rub and grate in the lime zest (keep the lime for the salsa). Stir well to completely coat the fish, cover and set aside.
- To make the salsa, finely slice the chillies, peel the mango and cut it into small cubes and slice the spring onions. Combine them all in a bowl with the oil and the juice of the lime and season. Cover and set aside.
- Finely slice the Iceberg.
- To cook the fish, heat the oil in a frying pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, turning gently so it doesn’t break up. It should be opaque and starting to flake
- Once the fish is cooked add another squeeze of lime and give a final toss in the pan. Serve with the Baby Gem leaves and let everyone load up their own tacos.
Recipe courtesy of www.makemoreofsalad.com
Silversurfer's Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Assistant Editor (see all)
- Silversurfers Book Club Winter 2018 - January 19, 2018
- Clever uses for tea bags - January 18, 2018
- Malaysian Spiced Sea bass with Brown Rice - January 17, 2018
- Simple steps to increase your feeling of wellbeing - January 16, 2018
- Do you believe in Blue Monday? - January 15, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!