Prawn Po-Boy Sandwich
Bite into the taste of New Orleans with this delicious prawn Po-Boy sandwich is inspired by the flavours of Louisiana.
Delicious fresh fish is coated in a delicious sauce with a spicy kick and served on a crusty roll – perfect for summertime!
Serves: 2 Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 5 minutes
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3tsp hot sauce
- 1tsp cajun seasoning
- 2tsp dijon mustard
- ¼ Iceberg lettuce
- ½ carrot
- A squeeze of lime juice
- 15g butter
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- 165g raw king prawns
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 2 Sub style bread rolls
- Start by making the Remoulade. Mix together the mayonnaise, hot sauce, Cajun seasoning and mustard until well combined then set aside.
- Shred the Iceberg and grate the carrot, mix in a bowl with a squeeze of lemon juice and season.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan until foaming then add the garlic and prawns. If the garlic starts to brown, then turn down the heat slightly. When the prawns are done take off the heat and throw in the spring onions. Toss with the prawns for a moment.
- While the prawns are cooking slice the rolls lengthways and spread with some remoulade. Fill each with Iceberg then top with hot prawns and drizzle with extra sauce.
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Clever uses for fabric conditioner - November 29, 2021
- Get Ready for Stir-up Sunday - November 19, 2021
- Eco friendly gift wrap options - November 15, 2021
- Tips for an eco-friendly Christmas - November 12, 2021
- Find craft inspiration from the best Martha Stewart videos - November 11, 2021