Kilner jar salad
Light, easy lunches are just the ticket as the weather gets warmer and the days get longer.
This kilner jar salad is perfect for when you want a healthy lunch on the go – fresh black pepper and balsamic vinegar dressing complements the sweetness of the strawberries, and because you assemble and serve it in the same dish it saves extra washing up!
Serves: 1 Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100g chickpeas rinsed and drained
- Handful of rocket
- 250g Viva Strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 100g feta cubed
- 1 tbsp shredded mint
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- You’ll need a 500g kilner jar or similar.
- First pour the balsamic vinegar and olive oil into the jar, and season with a pinch of salt and a generous grind of black pepper. Shake the jar to mix ingredients.
- Then, beginning with the chickpeas layer up the ingredients within the jar, finishing with the feta and mint. It is important not to have the salad leaves next to the dressing as the vinegar will cause the leaves to wilt. Squeeze the lemon over the top of the salad, and seal the jar.
- When ready to eat, shake the jar to coat the salad in the dressing and then enjoy straight from the jar. Store upright.
You can make this salad the traditional way and serve it to your family. Simply times the portions by the number of people you’ll be serving and make the salad ahead of time. When you’re ready to eat, pour the dressing over for a light easy salad that tastes great with chicken or fish.
Watch the video
Recipe courtesy of www.vivastrawberry.co.uk