Kiwi and mango salsa with cinnamon crisps
Satisfy your sweet tooth and say goodbye to the same old snacks with this fresh and delicious kiwi and mango salsa recipe.
It’s simple, healthy and perfect for summer. The sweet, crisp fruit salsa pairs beautifully with the cinnamon tortilla chips and makes for a great party food or afternoon snack.
Serves: 4 people Prep time: 30 minutes
For the salsa
- 4 kiwifruit
- 1 large, ripe mango
- 20 g grated coconut
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- fresh mint leaves
For the cinnamon crisps
- 3 corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Peel and dice the kiwifruit. Do the same with the mango, removing the stone.
- Put everything in a bowl. Add the grated coconut, lemon juice, and coconut or unrefined cane sugar and stir well.
- Finally chop up the fresh mint and add to the bowl.
- Cut each tortilla into 6 triangles. Combine the sugar, cinnamon, pinch of salt and two types of oil. Whisk gently to emulsify. Brush on to the tortilla triangles with a silicone brush.
- Take a non-stick frying pan and cook the triangles, a few at a time, over a medium heat for 2 minutes on each side, until slightly toasted. Remove, cool on kitchen roll, and repeat until all the triangles are finished.
- Serve the crisps with the kiwifruit and mango salsa.
Recipe courtesy of Zespri Kiwi
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Fish Tacos with Cherry Salsa - September 13, 2019
- Clever uses for window spray - September 11, 2019
- Keep your blood pressure in check for Know Your Numbers Week - September 11, 2019
- Guacamole 3 ways - September 10, 2019
- Appreciate nature’s wonders with bird watching - September 9, 2019
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!