Pink Lady apple, rocket, chickpea and feta salad is deliciously light and fresh tasting, perfect for a lunch or light supper dish, or as an accompaniment.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
You will need:
3 tbsp sherry vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
1-2 tsp grated horseradish, to taste
A pinch of caster sugar
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
3 large or 4 medium Pink Lady apples,
cored and chopped
140g rocket (2 bags)
A small bunch of mint leaves chopped
200g feta cheese, crumbled
What to do:
In a large bowl, whisk together the sherry vinegar with the olive oil, horseradish and caster sugar. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Stir through the chickpeas and chopped apple, making sure everything is well coated in dressing. At this point the salad will keep for 24 hours in the fridge.
Once you are ready to serve, lightly toss through the rocket and the mint and pile into a serving dish.
Finally, crumble the feta on top and serve.
Recipe by: www.pinkladyapples.co.uk
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- Which is your favourite Christmas Carol? - December 8, 2016
- Sunrise at Avebury stone circle Wiltshire by Paul Giles - December 8, 2016
- A review of Internet Privacy - December 8, 2016
- Sunset at Cley windmill by Pauline Goldsworthy - December 7, 2016
- Do you boil your Brussels? - December 6, 2016