Pink Lady apple, rocket, chickpea and feta salad is deliciously light and fresh tasting, perfect for a lunch or light supper dish, or as an accompaniment.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
You will need:
3 tbsp sherry vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
1-2 tsp grated horseradish, to taste
A pinch of caster sugar
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
3 large or 4 medium Pink Lady apples,
cored and chopped
140g rocket (2 bags)
A small bunch of mint leaves chopped
200g feta cheese, crumbled
What to do:
In a large bowl, whisk together the sherry vinegar with the olive oil, horseradish and caster sugar. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Stir through the chickpeas and chopped apple, making sure everything is well coated in dressing. At this point the salad will keep for 24 hours in the fridge.
Once you are ready to serve, lightly toss through the rocket and the mint and pile into a serving dish.
Finally, crumble the feta on top and serve.
Recipe by: www.pinkladyapples.co.uk
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- Where do you think the extra runway should be built – Heathrow or Gatwick? - October 21, 2016
- Beach breaks in Goa - October 21, 2016
- Peace & Tranquility in Your Home Away from Home - October 21, 2016
- Sunset in Abbotsbury, Dorset by Patty Ball - October 20, 2016
- How to Make a Scrapbook with a CEWE PHOTOBOOK - October 20, 2016