The Benefits of Stretching
Find out why stretching is so important for us
As we age there are numerous benefits to maintaining and even improving our flexiblity.
Being flexible helps with posture and mobility as well as reducing the risk of injury when we exercise.
Although everyone’s flexibility is different, your own personal flexibility should be good enough to support your lifestyle. This could mean anything from being able to complete a successful 10k run to playing with your grandchildren or even just being able to reach down and comfortably put on a pair of socks.
Although some of us are more naturally supple than others the good news is flexibility can still be learned and improved through practice, even as we age.
Take a look at the videos below for ways on how best to stretch when you’re over 50.
Stretches to do every day
Beginner stretch flexibility routine
No floor work stretching
Give these a go and let us know what you think in the comments box below.
Melina - Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Melina - Assistant Editor (see all)
- Scandi Song Selection - October 18, 2021
- Baked shallots and squash with a crispy rosemary, chilli, orange and olive oil breadcrumb topping - October 17, 2021
- Should there be less focus on space travel and more focus on Earth? - October 15, 2021
- Hearty Italian Sausage Soup - October 7, 2021
- Ways to give your immune system a boost this winter - October 7, 2021