Boost your circulation in just 3 minutes
Many of us with existing circulation problems, may be worried our cardiovascular health will be affected in the coming weeks through self-isolation.
With poor circulation, the body’s supply of oxygen and nutrients to the affected arteries is reduced so it is important to try and keep moving as best we can.
Here we have put together a 3-minute circulation booster to encourage you to get that blood pumping!
Circulation boosting regime
- March on the spot for 20 marches, keeping shoulders back, back straight and stomach muscles pulled in
- Continue marching and add shoulder rolls. Lift both shoulders to your ears then back and forwards for 20 counts
- Finish with 10 alternating knee lifts, bringing each knee up to your opposite elbow.
As with all exercise, if you have not done any for a long time take it easy at first and if you feel any pain then stop the exercise.
Other ways to improve circulation
The following ways can prevent or reverse poor circulation and boost cardiovascular health:
- Quitting smoking.
- Eating a heart-healthy diet – lots of fruits and vegetables and limited saturated (animal) fat.
- Keeping your weight within healthy limits.
- If you’re diabetic, keeping blood sugar levels to normal limits.
- Taking prescribed medication to help reduce high blood pressure and cholesterol.
All content on Silversurfers.com is provided for general information only, and should not be treated at all as a substitute for the medical advice of your own doctor or any other health care professional. Silversurfers will not be responsible or liable for any diagnosis made by a user based on the content on www.silversurfers.com and we are also not liable for the content of any external websites or links from or to Silversurfers to any other websites. Please always consult your own doctor if you’re in any way concerned about any aspect of your health.
Melina - Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Melina - Assistant Editor (see all)
- Do you give your dog raw food? - June 11, 2021
- Kiwi fruit and Tofu Steamed Buns - June 10, 2021
- Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep turns 50! - June 9, 2021
- Tips for sowing seeds indoors - June 8, 2021
- Somerset fondue with British asparagus & new potatoes - June 6, 2021
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!