Silvercard+ Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions (Terms), govern the Silvercard+ card scheme (Silvercard+) operated by Silversurfers Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales whose registered office is at Albury Mill, Mill Lane, Chilworth, Guildford, Surrey, GU4 8RU (Silversurfers). Silversurfers may amend the Terms at any time and the current version is the one displayed here. Membership of Silvercard+ is deemed acceptance of the Terms by any member or proposed member.
2. Silvercard+ discount cards will be valid indefinitely. Silvercard+ allows you to benefit from discounts and offers on certain products and services. The benefits available to you and the identity and type of organisations providing such benefits are not fixed and may vary or be withdrawn at any time.
3. Silvercard+ is not a credit or debit card nor an official identity card. Its purpose is to prove your eligibility to claim discounts or use offers made available by participating third party retailers. Silvercard+ may not be used for any commercial purpose.
4. The Silvercard+ card is valid for the use of the named cardholder only, and does not entitle the person to receive discount for others. Your Silvercard+ card is not transferable and may not be copied. Only current Silvercard+ cardholders are eligible for discounts. Silversurfers Ltd may monitor the number of memberships in any household, and reserve the right to cancel any memberships which we believe to be duplicated.
5. Silvercard+ cardholders may claim benefits in person at participating retailers or online with participating retailers. You must bring your Silvercard+ card with you on each occasion you wish to claim a benefit or discount in store. Silvercard+ cards, discount codes, vouchers and coupons are subject to an expiry date, after which they cannot be used.
6. In order to obtain a Silvercard+ card you must be aged 50 or over and be resident in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. You may only obtain one Silvercard+ card per email address. Our acceptance may be subject to verification of the information provided by you. We may refuse an application for any reason. A Silvercard+ card will only be sent to the address provided by you when applying for it.You must update us on any change of your personal and membership details, and we will not be liable for any loss of benefits resulting from failure to provide that information with reasonable notice. The Silvercard+ card remains our property and we can ask you to return it at any time.
7. The Silvercard+ card is personalised with unique identification information applicable to you. You have the right to cancel your Silvercard+ membership at any time. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
8. If at any time we have reasonable grounds to consider that you have breached the Terms or provided false or inaccurate information, we may terminate your membership of Silvercard+. Where we do this, we will communicate our actions to you at least five days prior to termination. If your membership is terminated, you must return your Silvercard+ to us. At termination we reserve the right to notify participating retailers that your Silvercard+ has been cancelled.
9. We will not be responsible if any third party refuses to accept your Silvercard+ and/or questions your identity. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under the Terms that is caused by events outside our reasonable control. Our total liability to you arising as a result of the performance or contemplated performance of the Terms will be limited to the cost of the fee for your Silvercard+.
10. In the event that your card is broken, lost or stolen, the Silvercard+ team may replace your card for £10. Please email us details to the address below.
11. If you would like to contact us please write to:
Email: [email protected]
Post: Customer Service, Silversurfers Ltd, Crescent Court Office, St John’s Road, Hove, BN3 2FB, UK.
12. By participating in the Silvercard+, you agree that we and our sub-contractors can collect and use information about you, including your registration details, information about your transactions and other information that you supply. In order for you to receive regular updates on Silvercard+ campaigns or information from carefully selected third parties, you are asked to indicate your consent to receive such communication by completing a series of consent opt-in boxes on the online application form. We are committed to protecting your privacy when you are using its online services. For detailed information on our policy visit www.silversurfers.com. In accordance with data protection legislation, any email correspondence you receive from either Silvercard+, Silversurfers.com or Silversurfers Ltd, will contain an unsubscribe feature allowing you to opt-out of receiving further emails. We will make sure that we comply with our legal requirements under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you have any questions about your personal information, or how we use this information, please contact us through our website at www.silversurfers.com.
13. These Terms are governed by English law, and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.