Find it online: the best interiors websites
Autumn and winter are a great time to start planning for upcoming projects around the home, and online can be an endless source of inspiration.
If your home is in need of a little spruce up, the internet is a great place to start; you can find heaps of inspiration, great resources to help with the design process and excellent websites where you can buy unique furnishings.
Whether you’re planning a major interior overhaul, shopping for one or two key pieces or just daydreaming about a someday renovation, we’ve put together a list of some of the best interiors websites to get you started.
- National Trust Treasure Hunt – For people interested in restoration projects and historic buildings, National Trust Treasure Hunt should be your first port of call. It’s filled with articles about homes that belong to the NT and offers a behind-the-scenes look into preservation, renovation, and the stories behind the properties.
- Pinterest – Pinterest is a great place to collect inspiration and create your own mood boards as you start planning a new project. Find tips on how to get started with Pinterest here.
- Houzz – With more than 1.5 million images on the website, Houzz is a one-stop shop for inspiration on any interior design project. You can find great ideas for every room in the house, and if you register as a member can even save your favourite images to reference again later.
- Ikea Hackers – Swedish design firm Ikea is so ubiquitous that few people in Britain today can claim to have a household free from at least one item from their famous catalogue. If you love the price at Ikea but want something a little more unique, check out Ikea Hackers – this useful website has thousands of photos of people reimagining classic Ikea pieces and making them their own.
- Ideal Home – Ideal Home magazine also has a brilliant online magazine filled with interesting ideas and plenty of galleries from real homes to help inspire you.
For home furnishings
- Houseology – For upscale furnishings and iconic design, Houseology is a great place to look. From sofas to wallpaper, tableware and bedding, Houseology offers a beautifully curated selection of luxury home furnishings.
- Loaf – Loaf originally began selling mattresses after its founder struggled to find one for himself that was both comfortable and affordable. Since then, the website has expanded and today has a great selection of relaxed furniture at a reasonable price. With a huge range of fabric options and excellent customer service, Loaf makes shopping for a bed or sofa online feel straightforward and simple.
- John Lewis – Britain’s favourite department store is a treasure trove of home furnishings and a great place to consider if you’re updating your home. The website has a huge range of items not sold in store and is as committed to customer service online as it is in real life. Their own-brand linens and towels are particularly high quality; if you’re on a tight budget, wait for seasonal sales to snatch up a bargain.
What are your favourite interiors websites?
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Would you feel comfortable going cashless? - March 20, 2019
- A 3-course Mother’s Day Feast - March 20, 2019
- Tatin of Shallots and Port with Creamy Goat’s Cheese - March 19, 2019
- Understanding your carbon footprint - March 18, 2019
- What name would you choose for Prince Harry and Meghan’s first child? - March 17, 2019
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!