15 of the world’s best nature photos
Forest bathing, outdoor wellness, ecotherapy – whatever you want to call it, nature is good for you. Studies suggest spending just 20 minutes in the park can boost your wellbeing, and even visualising nature-themed images can trigger specific responses in the brain.
Now a new competition from photography app Agora has scoured the globe for the very finest photos of the natural world, as part of its #Nature2020 competition, and more than 11,000 entries have now been trimmed to a list of 50 finalists.
The winner will be announced on March 4 – until then, here are some of our favourites from the shortlist…
1. ‘Follow the tracks’ by @heisen22 – Rausu, Japan
2. ‘Stake out’ by @yensentan – Banten, Indonesia
3. ‘Nature is beautiful’ by @olgacristal – Tavira, Portugal
4. ‘The leader’ by @phamhuytrung – Muriwai Beach, New Zealand
5. ‘T I G E R’ by @mits4772 – Seoni, India
6. ‘Pink lake’ by @henrydo – Murcia, Spain
7. ‘Let’s fly together’ by @myatzawhein – Pyin Oo Lwin, Myanmar
8. ‘Strike’ by @georock888 – Jakarta, Indonesia
9. ‘Freediving underwater caves’ by @victordevalles – Menorca, Spain
10. ‘Little bambi’ by @jp.photoart – Belluno, Italy
11. ‘Penguin’ by @curtjam – Cape Town, South Africa
12. ‘Natural inhabitant’ by @seplb – Réunion Island, French Republic
13. ‘New born’ by @hendymp – West Kalimantan, Indonesia
14. ‘The island’ by @leemumford8 – El Nido, The Philippines
15. ‘The rain singer’ by @dennyandhika – Semarang, Indonesia
The Press Association
Latest posts by The Press Association (see all)
- Life on the inside: 10 things pet owners need to know about lockdown - April 1, 2020
- 10 ways to support an isolated elderly relative - March 31, 2020
- 50 years without The Beatles – the biggest band break-up in history - March 31, 2020
- 15 bizarre things you never knew about cats - March 30, 2020
- Mr Motivator’s 6 steps for staying mentally and physically strong in lockdown - March 30, 2020
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!