Try this Christmas quiz from ace quizzer and actor Shaun Williamson
The ex-EastEnders actor and quiz addict offers this festive quiz to test your grey matter!
Some of us may know him as EastEnders’ amiable loser Barry Evans, others as a comedy version of himself in Extras and Life’s Too Short.
But actor Shaun Williamson is also a master of quizzes. He’s won Celebrity Mastermind and Pointless, and has vied against the best in the World Quiz Grand Prix. Safe to say, he’s a quizzing addict.
His new book, A Matter Of Facts (Cassell, £16.99), pitches some of the questions he’s tackled along the way, and now to add a little competitive sparkle to the festive season, Williamson has compiled this Christmas quiz just for you, filled with brain-teasers covering festive films and music, food and other yuletide conundrums… scroll down for the answers.
1. What is your star sign if you are born on Christmas day?
2. Which act had the Christmas number one single in 1996, 1997 and 1998?
3. In the song The Twelve Days Of Christmas, how many ladies are dancing?
4. Which country has traditionally supplied Trafalgar Square’s Christmas tree since 1942?
5. In the 17th century, who banned Christmas pudding, mince pies and anything to do with gluttony, a law that has never officially been rescinded?
6. Alphabetically, which of Santa’s reindeer comes last?
7. In which country is Santa Claus known as Kris Kringle?
8. For Christmas dinner, Japanese people traditionally eat which famous fast-food product?
9. How many ghosts appear to Ebenezer Scrooge in the Charles Dickens novel A Christmas Carol?
10. To avoid bad luck, by which date should Christmas decorations have been taken down?
11. In which Christmas film would you find the characters Jack Skellington and Oogie Boogie?
12. What is the name of the skin that hangs from a turkey’s neck?
13. Which alcoholic ingredient is used in a snowball cocktail?
14. How many Christmas number one singles have contained the word Christmas (or Xmas) in the title?
15. Born on Christmas day 1984, what is the name of England’s most capped cricketer?
16. The last verse of which famous hymn begins: ‘How silently, how silently, the wondrous gift is given…’?
17. When Kevin is left to fend for himself in Home Alone, which country have his family travelled to?
18. In which of the world’s oceans will you find Christmas Island?
19. Which unlikely duo had a hit in 1987 with Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree?
20. At which property do the British royal family traditionally spend Christmas day?
The Press Association
Latest posts by The Press Association (see all)
- 5 vitamins to boost your mood - March 5, 2021
- Vegetarian biryani recipe - March 3, 2021
- Meet the super dogs: 5 canine health heroes and their extraordinary stories - March 3, 2021
- Paul Hollywood: I learnt a new skill thanks to new Celebrity Bake Off - March 2, 2021
- How to use aromatherapy to boost your mood in lockdown - March 2, 2021
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!