Beetroot, pomegranate & orange smoothie
With the indulgence of Christmas over and the excitement of your new year’s eve party fading it’s time to start thinking about a fresh start to the year.
Many people make resolutions of healthy eating at this time of year. This is a recipe for a healthy beetroot based smoothie, that is great as a breakfast alternative, or as a boosting drink during the day. Beetroot is full of antioxidants so this smoothie is perfect for that post-Christmas detox.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: none
100ml pomegranate juice
100ml orange juice
1 cooked beetroot (1/4 pack – x recipe by 4 if you want it to use a whole pack)
What to do:
Whizz all the ingredients in a liquidiser until smooth, serve immediately poured over ice.
Recipe by: www.lovebeetroot.co.uk
For more delicious recipes click here ←
Also read this feature outlining the health benefits of beetroot in dementia prevention
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Win £1,000 to spend on an Explore holiday - December 1, 2021
- Win ONE of TEN Copies of The Daughters of War - December 1, 2021
- Win ONE of FIVE copies of the fabulous More Taste & Less Waste Cookbook! - December 1, 2021
- Christmas Decorations Masterclass: Make your own Festive Wreath, Garland and Flower Centrepieces - November 30, 2021
- 7 Scottish Gift ideas for Christmas - November 29, 2021