Blueberry Almond Tart
Blueberries in a delicate almond sponge makes a perfect pudding or tea time treat. You can make it ahead and serve cold or fresh out of the oven – try it with ice cream for a little extra decadence!
Serves: 6 Prep time: 20mins Cook time: 40 mins
- 175g blueberries
- 150g castor sugar
- 212g short crust pastry
- 110g ground almonds
- 50g butter, softened
- 3 free range eggs, beaten
- Few drops each vanilla and almond essence
- 15g flaked almonds, toasted
- Sifted icing sugar
- Place the fruit in a small pan with 50g of the sugar and warm through until the juices begin to rest. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas Mark 6. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface large enough to line an 18cm loose-bottomed flan tin. Ease the pastry gently into the corners without stretching and trim the edges. Chill until required.
- In a mixing bowl cream together the rest of the sugar, the almonds, butter, eggs and flavourings until soft and well blended.
- Spoon the fruit into the pastry case, spread over the topping and flatten. Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the topping is set and light golden.
- Serve warm or cold topped with the flaked almonds and a shake of sifted icing sugar
Recipes courtesy of www.berryworld.com
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Receive up to £100 when you open Over 50s Life Insurance with Shepherds Friendly Society - June 21, 2018
- Discovering the joys of yoga - June 21, 2018
- How to handle your digital legacy - June 21, 2018
- Create a new look for your home this Summer - June 20, 2018
- Make this your summer of reading! - June 20, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!