Rocky Road Blueberry Bites
These rocky road bars put a sophisticated spin on a cherished childhood classic.
The dark chocolate, ginger and amaretti give a rich flavour that’s perfect for the festive season. Serve after dinner with coffee for a perfectly sweet finish.
Makes: 12 Prep time: 15 minutes (plus chilling time)
- 100g good quality dark chocolate, broken into squares
- 50g butter
- 1 tbsp. syrup from the stem ginger jar
- 100g Chilean blueberries
- 75g amaretti biscuits, roughly crushed
- 1 piece stem ginger, finely chopped
- 30g white chocolate, broken into squares
What to do
- Line a 20cmx20cm tin with cling film. Place the chocolate, butter and syrup in a heat proof bowl and sit over a pan of simmering water. Heat gently until melted. Alternatively, melt in the microwave for a minute on high or until just melted. Stir to combine.
- Stir in the blueberries, biscuits and stem ginger and mix well. Press into the tin, smoothing the top.
- Melt the white chocolate over a pan of simmering water or in the microwave and drizzle over.
- Set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before cutting. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Try a new hobby this autumn - October 19, 2018
- Slow cooker pork, shallot and red pepper goulash - October 18, 2018
- Storage hints and tips to make your food last longer - October 17, 2018
- Tips to encourage birds to your garden - October 16, 2018
- Do you understand cholesterol? - October 15, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!