Strawberry & Passion Fruit Cupcakes
To celebrate World Cup Cake Day, why not try these little beauties?
The combination of the sweet strawberries and the sharp contrast of the passion fruit, make these cupcakes absolutely delightful.
Makes: 12 | Cooking time: 20 minutes | Preparation time: 40 minutes plus 20 minutes cooling
You will need:
150ml pot natural yogurt
3 eggs , beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
175g golden caster sugar
240g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
175g unsalted butter , melted
For the icing
125g cream cheese
125g butter, softened
350g icing sugar
½ passion fruit: seeds & juice
What to do:
- Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases and heat oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5.
- In a jug, mix the yogurt, eggs and vanilla extract. Put the dry ingredients, plus a pinch of salt, into a large bowl and make a well in the middle.
- Add the yogurt mix and melted butter and quickly fold in with a spatula or metal spoon, don’t over mix it. Spoon into the cases and bake for 20 minutes or until golden, risen and springy to the touch. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl whisk the cream cheese and butter until smooth then add the icing sugar and beat again until you have a smooth stiff icing.
- Mash 2 strawberries and beat into the icing then add approximately half of the passion fruit seeds and juice, until you have an icing that holds its shape but is easily spreadable. Pipe or spoon the frosting onto the cakes and top each with a strawberry and a drizzle of the remaining passion fruit.
Recipe by: Berryworld.com
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!