Turkey Burgers with Cranberry and Pecan Sauce
This festive recipe for turkey burgers with cranberry and pecan sauce puts a casual spin on the classic Turkey roast just in time for Christmas.
It’s perfect for parties and works well when served as a smaller canapé, too.
Makes: 4 large burgers or 10 canapé size burgers Prep time: 30 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes
For the burgers
- 500g turkey mince
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 100g rolled oats
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsps parsley, finely chopped
For the cranberry and pecan sauce
- 250g fresh cranberries
- 100ml maple syrup
- Juice and grated zest 1 orange
- 25g pecans
- 4 large baps or 10 mini rolls
- Place all the ingredients for the burgers into a large bowl, mix together and press into either four large patties or 10 small ones. Place on a tray and refrigerate for at least half an hour.
- Place the cranberries, maple syrup and orange juice and zest into a saucepan, bring to a simmer and cook until softened and syrupy, then add the pecans.
- Cook the burgers either in a griddle or frying pan in a little oil, over a medium heat for approximately 10-12 minutes each side for the large ones and 5-7 minutes for the small. Make sure to check they are cooked through and piping hot.
- Serve in warm baps or mini rolls spread with mayonnaise, topped with a little lettuce and a good spoonful of the cranberry and pecan sauce.
Cook’s Tip: To make a version from left-over turkey simply chop or mince left over dark and white cooked Turkey meat, add some breadcrumbs and a beaten egg or a little mayonnaise to bind, form into patties and fry until golden and piping hot. Serve as above with the cranberry and pecan sauce.
Recipe courtesy of BerryWorld