Turkey Burgers with Cranberry and Pecan Sauce
This festive recipe for turkey burgers with cranberry and pecan sauce puts a casual spin on the classic Turkey roast just in time for Christmas.
It’s perfect for parties and works well when served as a smaller canapé, too.
Makes: 4 large burgers or 10 canapé size burgers Prep time: 30 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes
For the burgers
- 500g turkey mince
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 100g rolled oats
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsps parsley, finely chopped
For the cranberry and pecan sauce
- 250g fresh cranberries
- 100ml maple syrup
- Juice and grated zest 1 orange
- 25g pecans
- 4 large baps or 10 mini rolls
- Place all the ingredients for the burgers into a large bowl, mix together and press into either four large patties or 10 small ones. Place on a tray and refrigerate for at least half an hour.
- Place the cranberries, maple syrup and orange juice and zest into a saucepan, bring to a simmer and cook until softened and syrupy, then add the pecans.
- Cook the burgers either in a griddle or frying pan in a little oil, over a medium heat for approximately 10-12 minutes each side for the large ones and 5-7 minutes for the small. Make sure to check they are cooked through and piping hot.
- Serve in warm baps or mini rolls spread with mayonnaise, topped with a little lettuce and a good spoonful of the cranberry and pecan sauce.
Cook’s Tip: To make a version from left-over turkey simply chop or mince left over dark and white cooked Turkey meat, add some breadcrumbs and a beaten egg or a little mayonnaise to bind, form into patties and fry until golden and piping hot. Serve as above with the cranberry and pecan sauce.
Recipe courtesy of BerryWorld
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!