Later Than Last Minute Gifts
It’s Christmas Eve, the shops are closing early, and you still have presents to buy. Panic might be setting in, but don’t worry. We have some great ideas for later than last minute gifts.
Whether you’ve a few hours until the shops close or a few minutes until midnight on Christmas Eve, there’s something out there that will make the perfect gift. Here are our easy and quick gift ideas that you can buy in a hurry.
Last Minute High Street Shopping
Department Stores make a clever destination for last minute Christmas gifts, as you’ll find a variety of goods in one place. As well as local department stores, try Marks and Spencer or large Boots stores. Opt for thoughtful, luxury items, like:
- cashmere cardigans
- sparkling watches
- cosy nightwear
- decadent wine glasses
- a luxurious blanket
- ornaments or an elegant clock
- gift experiences boxes
- gift boxes, like perfume, shaving kits, and beauty items
Christmas Gifts From A Supermarket
When time is really pressing and the high street shops are shut, go to your nearest supermarket for some perfect items for Christmas, such as:
- A newly released DVD – an action film, stand-up comedy or family friendly animation
- Festive clothes – like silly socks, jumpers, pyjamas
- Toys – such as action figures, Lego, and Disney characters
- Books – look out for new releases or cookery books
- Bubble bath, beauty gift sets, aftershave and perfume
When there’s only a small grocery shop to hand, then don’t worry. You can still find presents like:
- A box of chocolates and a bottle of wine, whisky, port or brandy
- A DIY ‘hamper’ – get a gift bag and fill it with a nice waxed cheese, crackers, chutney, mince pies, a mini Christmas pudding and a bottle of something bubbly
Gift Cards can be one of the best last minute presents to buy for someone as they are readily available in most supermarkets, as well as online.
- Book lovers will appreciate National Book Token or Waterstones gift cards
- Amazon gift cards are good all round vouchers, as people can buy books, games, music, toys and more
- Apple iTunes gift cards can be great for lovers of music
- Shopaholics might enjoy a gift card for a high street shop like Gap, Oasis or House of Fraser
- If you’re buying for a couple, buy a restaurant card for a popular eatery like Pizza Express, Prezzo or Zizzi
Remember to buy a Christmas Card to put your gift card in, so it doesn’t seem like a last minute purchase!
For a great range of gift vouchers head to the Virgin Experiences website. You can browse activities for men, women and families, dining vouchers, driving and adventure trips, days out, entertainment and more, with vouchers emailed instantly to your inbox.
Christmas Gift Subscriptions
There’s no shortage of great last minute gifts online, and the best part is that you can often get presents to last a whole year.
Try iSubscribe to choose from history, women’s lifestyle, men’s lifestyle, culture, home, garden and kids magazines. If you’re not sure what magazine to get, opt for an electronic gift card, which can be delivered straight to your loved one’s inbox.
Chocolate lovers will be over the moon if you sign them up for a chocolate tasting club from Hotel Chocolat as a box of chocolates will be regularly delivered to their door.
Lovers of the countryside, coast and historic houses will enjoy receiving a Gift Membership for the National Trust. You can download an e-gift card to give them on Christmas Day, and they will receive a membership pack allowing them entry to some of the best places to visit in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
A similar scheme in Scotland is run by the National Trust for Scotland and a gift certificate can be emailed giving annual membership to castles, parks and museums across the country.
What would you recommend for a last minute Christmas gift?