Pop Up Choirs And Flashmob Performances – All In World Expeditions’ New Trip To Morocco
Do you love singing? Would you like to combine your next trip with taking part in pop-up choirs in one of the most inspirational travel destinations in the world? World Expeditions has just announced a new, one-off singing, cultural and festival tour through the heart of Morocco.
Taking in the renowned Gnaoua Festival in Essaouria and the famous Fes Festival of World Sacred Music, the trip will be escorted by acclaimed choirmaster and seasoned traveller Stuart Davis. While no formal singing experience is required, participants will need a willingness and enthusiasm to be part of a singing group, as it will feature a series of impromptu street performances at Morocco’s great imperial cities.
Taking place in June, highlights of the trip include:
- In the company of energetic Choir Director Stuart Davis, you will immerse in two memorable festivals, the Gnaoua Festival in Essaouria and the Fes Music Festival, dedicated to the traditions of knowledge, art and spirituality of the city
- A trip designed to appeal to anyone who can sing and wants to travel and meet people where singing, more than a common interest, is a way into the local culture
- Daily opportunities for singing; rather than actual ‘concerts’, street performances will be more like flashmob/pop-up choirs
- Soak up the atmosphere of this fascinating ancient culture: Morocco’s location on the edge of the Sahara and its historic trade links with the ports of Europe, have shaped its rich traditions; a blend of mosques, minarets, spices and scents is a constant source of inspiration
- Accommodation in beautifully restored riads and small handpicked hotels
Gordon Steer, UK Manager for World Expeditions, said:
“We always strive to expand our portfolio with new and exciting trips and this is definitely one of the most original cultural journeys we are adding this year”.
“The trip is specially designed for those interested in singing and performing in impromptu ‘pop-up’ type choirs around the streets and squares of Marrakech, Fes and Essaouria”.
“While you don’t have to be part of a choir or have formal singing training to join, you will need a willingness and enthusiasm to give it a go – you will be singing so if you are not keen to be part of that, best not to book”!
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- Are you an under-roller or an over-roller? - January 22, 2017
- Could these be the world’s most comfortable shoes? - January 20, 2017
- Recreational cycling holidays in Tuscany - January 20, 2017
- 5 Ways to Make your Bedroom more Chic - January 20, 2017
- How would you solve the NHS crisis? - January 19, 2017
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!