Pop Up Choirs And Flashmob Performances – All In World Expeditions’ New Trip To Morocco
Do you love singing? Would you like to combine your next trip with taking part in pop-up choirs in one of the most inspirational travel destinations in the world? World Expeditions has just announced a new, one-off singing, cultural and festival tour through the heart of Morocco.
Taking in the renowned Gnaoua Festival in Essaouria and the famous Fes Festival of World Sacred Music, the trip will be escorted by acclaimed choirmaster and seasoned traveller Stuart Davis. While no formal singing experience is required, participants will need a willingness and enthusiasm to be part of a singing group, as it will feature a series of impromptu street performances at Morocco’s great imperial cities.
Taking place in June, highlights of the trip include:
- In the company of energetic Choir Director Stuart Davis, you will immerse in two memorable festivals, the Gnaoua Festival in Essaouria and the Fes Music Festival, dedicated to the traditions of knowledge, art and spirituality of the city
- A trip designed to appeal to anyone who can sing and wants to travel and meet people where singing, more than a common interest, is a way into the local culture
- Daily opportunities for singing; rather than actual ‘concerts’, street performances will be more like flashmob/pop-up choirs
- Soak up the atmosphere of this fascinating ancient culture: Morocco’s location on the edge of the Sahara and its historic trade links with the ports of Europe, have shaped its rich traditions; a blend of mosques, minarets, spices and scents is a constant source of inspiration
- Accommodation in beautifully restored riads and small handpicked hotels
Gordon Steer, UK Manager for World Expeditions, said:
“We always strive to expand our portfolio with new and exciting trips and this is definitely one of the most original cultural journeys we are adding this year”.
“The trip is specially designed for those interested in singing and performing in impromptu ‘pop-up’ type choirs around the streets and squares of Marrakech, Fes and Essaouria”.
“While you don’t have to be part of a choir or have formal singing training to join, you will need a willingness and enthusiasm to give it a go – you will be singing so if you are not keen to be part of that, best not to book”!
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- 5 Hobbies to Start before 2022 - October 25, 2021
- Pumpkin and Red Pepper Soup with Crispy Shallots and Pumpkin Seeds - October 25, 2021
- Quiz: Can you name all these types of pasta? - October 24, 2021
- 5 Overseas Hampers to send to loved ones abroad - October 22, 2021
- 8 Calendars to help you make the most of 2022 - October 22, 2021