From stocks and shares to real estate or fluctuating interest rates, the world of finance is a fascinating and fast changing thing.
If you like keeping abreast of the latest finance news, have a look at some of our favourite blogs.
Great places to get to grips with world finance
- Business Insider
- For an excellent all round look at financial news around the world, there’s nowhere better to start than with Business Insider. While a lot of the content on there has come from other sources the editorial team does a great job of curating and it’s a great place to find everything from breaking news to fun and quirky pieces.
- Market Oracle
- If you want a peek at what might be just around the corner when it comes to the financial world, the Market Oracle is a great place to spend some time. In addition to rolling news coverage, it also features in-depth analysis from over 1000 experienced experts who are equipped to offer multiple views of the probable direction of the financial markets.
Financial news with a lot of personality
- The Consumerist
- Packed with fascinating stories and interesting angles, the Consumerist is the ideal blog for people who want a touch of snark and some unusual angles along with the news about big numbers.
- Bitter Wallet
- You can expect plenty of attitude from a Bitter Wallet too. This UK blog has plenty of breaking news, some handy headline recaps and a great sense of humour, making it a pleasant place to learn about what’s going on.
- The Money Principle
- Check out The Money Principle if you’re looking for advice along with a lot of heart. This finance blog also packs a lot of personality into its posts, although it’s of a different kind to the blog recommended above.
Best blogs for living on a budget
- Offering excellent tips for staying inside a budget and a variety of ingenious ways to save, Wise Bread is a blog dedicated to helping people live large on a small budget. It’s made up of a community of contributors and has some really useful advice. That said, it as an American site, so some of the posts aren’t as handy for UK readers – it’s still well worth a read, though.
- A Thrifty Mrs
- For some top tips for saving money in the UK, have a look at A Thrifty Mrs, which offers details of special deals and bargains as they’re happening as well as posts about budgeting, saving and looking great for less.
- Family Budgeting
- This is another excellent blog for looking after your finances in a very practical way, with guides for everything from understanding equity to having a frugal Christmas.
Do you know of a great finance blog we’ve missed?