The best money blogs
From stocks and shares to real estate or fluctuating interest rates, the world of finance is a fascinating and fast changing thing.
If you like keeping abreast of the latest finance news, have a look at some of our favourite blogs.
Great places to get to grips with world finance
- Business Insider
- For an excellent all round look at financial news around the world, there’s nowhere better to start than with Business Insider. While a lot of the content on there has come from other sources the editorial team does a great job of curating and it’s a great place to find everything from breaking news to fun and quirky pieces.
- Market Oracle
- If you want a peek at what might be just around the corner when it comes to the financial world, the Market Oracle is a great place to spend some time. In addition to rolling news coverage, it also features in-depth analysis from over 1000 experienced experts who are equipped to offer multiple views of the probable direction of the financial markets.
Financial news with a lot of personality
- The Consumerist
- Packed with fascinating stories and interesting angles, the Consumerist is the ideal blog for people who want a touch of snark and some unusual angles along with the news about big numbers.
- Bitter Wallet
- You can expect plenty of attitude from a Bitter Wallet too. This UK blog has plenty of breaking news, some handy headline recaps and a great sense of humour, making it a pleasant place to learn about what’s going on.
- The Money Principle
- Check out The Money Principle if you’re looking for advice along with a lot of heart. This finance blog also packs a lot of personality into its posts, although it’s of a different kind to the blog recommended above.
Best blogs for living on a budget
- Offering excellent tips for staying inside a budget and a variety of ingenious ways to save, Wise Bread is a blog dedicated to helping people live large on a small budget. It’s made up of a community of contributors and has some really useful advice. That said, it as an American site, so some of the posts aren’t as handy for UK readers – it’s still well worth a read, though.
- A Thrifty Mrs
- For some top tips for saving money in the UK, have a look at A Thrifty Mrs, which offers details of special deals and bargains as they’re happening as well as posts about budgeting, saving and looking great for less.
- Family Budgeting
- This is another excellent blog for looking after your finances in a very practical way, with guides for everything from understanding equity to having a frugal Christmas.
Do you know of a great finance blog we’ve missed?
Silversurfers Features Editor
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!