Enjoy a great social life for less
Getting more out of our social lives is something all of us should be doing no matter what our age, and if you can save some money while you are heading out and about then so much the better.
There are many ways you can boost your social life for less, and we decided to gather together a few of the best ways that Silvercard+ helps you save money, to give you a few ideas:
1. Theatre tickets – going out to the theatre has become increasingly expensive, but there are plenty of deals to be had. For example, Silvercard+ holders can get up to 50% off Ambassador Theatre Group tickets, which includes popular West End shows like Jersey Boys, Wicked and Disney’s The Lion King, plus concerts such as Simple Minds and The Proclaimers.
So, that would mean that booking the two best available seats at the time of writing for the Saturday 7 March performance of Wicked in the West End would cost you £37.75 instead of £75.50.
For an extra £5, Silvercard+ members can also get all fees waived on most productions and can even get 10% off drinks at the bar, and access special offers on food and drink and days out. This includes deals at eight individual restaurants in Bristol alone.
2. Eat out for less – going out for a meal is one of the best ways to socialise with friends, and there are so many discounts available that if you are paying full price for a meal in most restaurants these days, you are missing out. If you have a specific local restaurant you enjoy visiting it is always worth asking them if they would give you a discount, especially if you are in a club and will bring extra people with you when you visit.
Alternatively, most chains now have online deals that you can benefit from, so you can get discounts on everything from Zizzi to Cafe Rouge so it is worth checking before you head out. Signing up to newsletters for your favourite restaurants will ensure you never miss a deal.
There are also some dining clubs that are worth considering if you like eating out regularly, and you can get as much as 50% off meals at 6,500 restaurants through Silvercard+ with the Gourmet Society. In addition, you can now get up to 40% off your cinema tickets which includes films at big name cinema chains as well as local independents. Silvercard+ holders get membership for free for the first two months from The Gourmet Society.
3. Cut the cost of health and leisure – no matter what you have as a hobby, there are deals that can help you get more for less. Golf lovers may want to check out iSpyGolf, which offers the latest information on golf courses, club memberships, society packages and golf breaks. Courses are listed worldwide, not just in the UK, so you can check out courses where you are planning a break away, to make the most of them in advance.
Other offers include a 10% discount on Fitness Gym Membership with Nuffield Health, £75 off a health assessment from BMI Healthcare, and £35 off Slimming World Gold membership – which is normally £99.95 for three months’ sign up.
Try Silvercard+ for FREE
To celebrate the launch of Silvercard+ we’re giving our first 100,000 applicants a six month subscription – for FREE!
Become a member today to start benefiting through incredible discounts. Silvercard+ usually costs £12 annually, and can pay for itself with just one discounted purchase!
Why should I join today?
• Six months FREE membership if you sign up today – First 100,000 only, so don’t delay!
• Save money on your favourite brands
• New partners and deals added continually
• Simple to use – no vouchers or points – just great discounts
• After your FREE 6 months, membership is only £1 per month
Latest posts by Alison Steed (see all)
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!