Bean and feta minted cherry dip
This fresh tasting dip makes a brilliant snack or lunch – it’s healthy, unusual and memorable.
It can be stored in the fridge for 2 days; try adding it to your lunchtime sandwich to add additional flavour.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 2-3 minutes
- 150g broad beans, defrosted if frozen
- 100g feta cheese
- freshly ground nutmeg (optional)
- 150g cherries, stoned and halved
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 10g mint, stems removed and leaves chopped
Crackers or crudites to serve
- If using fresh beans, bring a pan of salted water to the boil, add the beans and cook for 2-3 minutes until just tender. Drain and rinse in cold water. When cool enough to handle slip the inner bean from its greyish skins and discard the pod. If using frozen, there is no need to cook just slip off the skins.
- Roughly mash the cheese and season with some black pepper and a little freshly ground nutmeg. Stir in the remaining ingredients and serve with crackers or crudité.
Can be stored in the fridge for 1-2 days.
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Has the public lost interest in Christmas adverts? - November 16, 2018
- Try this: make your own vanilla extract - November 15, 2018
- Asparagus, ricotta and pancetta pizza - November 14, 2018
- Recognise the symptoms for World Pancreatic Cancer Day - November 13, 2018
- Know your risks on World Diabetes Day - November 12, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!