Chia & Blueberry Muffins
Perfect for breakfast on the go or a mid-afternoon snack, these muffins are healthy and flavourful.
Make a batch on a Sunday evening to see you through the workweek – they take just ten minutes to prepare.
Serves: 10 Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes
- 100g apple, coarsely grated, including the skin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Zest of 1 lemon,
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 2tbsp milk
- 75ml vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 120g blueberries
- 120g soft brown sugar
- 120g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp rolled oats
- Heat the oven to 160C fan and line a muffin tin with 10 cases. In a bowl combine the grated apple, cinnamon, lemon zest, chia seeds, oil, milk and eggs, mix well then stir in the blueberries and set aside for the chia seeds to expand, it will take 5 minutes.
- In a separate large bowl mix together the sugar, flour and baking powder, making sure there’s no lumps. Tip in the wet mixture and mix together quickly.
- Divide the mixture between the cake cases and scatter a few oats over each one. Bake in the oven for 25-28 minutes until well risen and they spring back when you gently press the centre.
Recipe courtesy of BerryWorld
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Understanding your carbon footprint - March 18, 2019
- What name would you choose for Prince Harry and Meghan’s first child? - March 17, 2019
- Stars will be out in force as Red Nose Day returns - March 15, 2019
- Clever home cleaning tricks to make the annual spring clean a breeze - March 15, 2019
- Substituting single-use plastics - March 14, 2019
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!