Chia & Blueberry Muffins
Perfect for breakfast on the go or a mid-afternoon snack, these muffins are healthy and flavourful.
Make a batch on a Sunday evening to see you through the workweek – they take just ten minutes to prepare.
Serves: 10 Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes
- 100g apple, coarsely grated, including the skin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Zest of 1 lemon,
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 2tbsp milk
- 75ml vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 120g blueberries
- 120g soft brown sugar
- 120g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp rolled oats
- Heat the oven to 160C fan and line a muffin tin with 10 cases. In a bowl combine the grated apple, cinnamon, lemon zest, chia seeds, oil, milk and eggs, mix well then stir in the blueberries and set aside for the chia seeds to expand, it will take 5 minutes.
- In a separate large bowl mix together the sugar, flour and baking powder, making sure there’s no lumps. Tip in the wet mixture and mix together quickly.
- Divide the mixture between the cake cases and scatter a few oats over each one. Bake in the oven for 25-28 minutes until well risen and they spring back when you gently press the centre.
Recipe courtesy of BerryWorld
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Iced coffee cheesecake - July 23, 2021
- Selling your car online - July 22, 2021
- Common financial scams and how to spot them - July 20, 2021
- Beat the heat without AC: tips to stay comfortable at night - July 19, 2021
- Clever uses for butter - July 10, 2021