Blueberry and Almond Friands
These delicious blueberry and almond friands are the perfect sweet snack for summer.
They’re quick and simple to make and easy to pack into a lunch box or picnic basket before heading off on adventure.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 25 minutes
- 140g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 35g plain flour
- 100g ground almonds
- 125g icing sugar
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 36 blueberries
- 6 tbsp flaked almonds
- Lightly grease a 12-hole non-stick muffin pan and set aside. Preheat the oven to 180C (160C fan).
- Heat the butter in a small pan on a medium/high heat until the butter foams and the milk solids turn a golden brown. Immediately remove from the heat and pour into a small bowl.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, ground almonds and sugar. Add the egg whites and almond extract and mix together until smooth. Pour in the butter and mix together until smooth and fully combined. Cover the mixture and refrigerate for an hour before baking.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared muffin pan and top with three blueberries per friand and scatter the flaked almonds around the edges. Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until golden brown around the edges and a little paler in the middle.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Store in a sealed container these little cakes will keep for up to three days.
Recipe courtesy of BerryWorld
|Sat Fat (g)
|The following two tabs change content below.
Hello there! I’m Rachel and I’m the Features Editor for Silversurfers. I work behind the scenes to bring interesting, informative and entertaining subject matter to the Silversurfers community. I hope you enjoy the features we have shared with you. Please feel free to comment below and share your thoughts with us, we love to hear from you!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts);
be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or
contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or
promote sexually explicit material; or
promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or
infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or
be likely to deceive any person; or
be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or
promote any illegal activity; or
be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or
be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or
be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or
give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or
advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!