Chicken and Mozzarella Sandwich Loaf
Our chicken and mozzarella sandwich loaf recipe is a sophisticated spin on a popular lunchtime staple.
Forget soggy, limp sandwiches – this simple dish is easy to put together, looks great on a plate and will stay fresh and crunchy.
Great to make ahead for a picnic and will definitely stand out from the crowd!
Serves: 4-6 Prep time: 15 minutes plus standing time
- 1 Ciabatta style loaf
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 6-8 long Cos Leaves
- 150g mozzarella, sliced
- Jar roasted vegetables (Peppers, aubergines, courgettes etc)
- 1 cooked chicken breast torn into pieces
What to do
- Cut the top off the loaf approx. ¼ the way down and pull the soft bread out of the centre to make a bowl shape of the crust with a 2cm layer of bread inside.
- Spread the pesto in a thin layer all over the inside of the bread bowl then layer half of the Cos leaves over the bottom, then add a layer of mozzarella then the roast veg then the chicken. Repeat this till the bread bowl is full. End with a layer of Cos leaves.
- Replace the lid and tightly wrap the whole thing in cling film and balance a can on top to weigh it down. Leave to firm up for 1-4 hrs. Cut into slices to serve.Note: dry the roast veg and mozzarella on kitchen roll and make sure you don’t use too much pesto to avoid the bread getting too soggy.
Recipe courtesy of Make More of Salad
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Roast turkey with celery, walnut & sausage stuffing - December 1, 2020
- 3 Mince Pie Recipes - November 28, 2020
- Clever uses for oats - November 25, 2020
- Tackling cold sores - November 25, 2020
- Toffee Cranberry Pudding - November 24, 2020
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!