Chicken baked with shallots, olives and thyme
This is such a simple recipe to produce, making it perfect for a healthy mid-week supper dish, or even one to be delegated on Mothers Day giving offspring no excuse to take over in the kitchen!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
4 skinless chicken breast fillets
12 shallots, peeled
4 garlic cloves
16 good quality pitted green olives
2 sprigs fresh thyme
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp sherry vinegar
salt and freshly ground black pepper
What to do:
Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas 5.
Arrange the chicken breasts in a shallow roasting tin or baking dish. Tuck the shallots, garlic and olives in around the chicken and place the thyme sprigs on top.
Drizzle over the oil and season with salt and pepper.
Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven and drizzle over the sherry vinegar.
Cook for a further 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Serve with a green salad or with fresh green vegetables and new potatoes.
Recipe from: www.UKshallot.com
For more delicious recipes click here ←
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Win a free pair of shoes from Hotter worth £129 - August 1, 2021
- Win ONE of THREE copies of Life in Colour with David Attenborough on DVD! - August 1, 2021
- Win ONE of TEN Allium Superglobe mix bundles! - July 31, 2021
- How to Sell Your Car for the Best Price - July 28, 2021
- Advice for expats heading home - July 28, 2021