This is such a simple recipe to produce, making it perfect for a healthy mid-week supper dish, or even one to be delegated on Mothers Day giving offspring no excuse to take over in the kitchen!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
4 skinless chicken breast fillets
12 shallots, peeled
4 garlic cloves
16 good quality pitted green olives
2 sprigs fresh thyme
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp sherry vinegar
salt and freshly ground black pepper
What to do:
Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas 5.
Arrange the chicken breasts in a shallow roasting tin or baking dish. Tuck the shallots, garlic and olives in around the chicken and place the thyme sprigs on top.
Drizzle over the oil and season with salt and pepper.
Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven and drizzle over the sherry vinegar.
Cook for a further 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Serve with a green salad or with fresh green vegetables and new potatoes.
Recipe from: www.UKshallot.com
For more delicious recipes click here ←
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- In the Wild by Karen Stoker - December 9, 2016
- Which is your favourite Christmas Carol? - December 8, 2016
- Sunrise at Avebury stone circle Wiltshire by Paul Giles - December 8, 2016
- A review of Internet Privacy - December 8, 2016
- Sunset at Cley windmill by Pauline Goldsworthy - December 7, 2016