Cranberry and Goats Cheese Filo Parcels
These golden, tasty and crispy filo parcels are perfect for parties and Christmas entertaining.
They can be made and frozen ahead of time and simply cooked on the day – perfect if you’re trying to get a jump on the busy festive period.
- 250g fresh cranberries
- 100g caster sugar
- Juice and grated zest of half an orange
- Filo pastry (10 x30 x26cm sheets approx 220g packet)
- 200g goats cheese
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- Rocket leaves
What to do
- Place the cranberries in a saucepan with the sugar and add the orange zest and juice. Bring to a simmer and cook gently for 8-10 minutes until the cranberries have softened. Leave to cool.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6. Make the parcels by placing a sheet of filo pastry on the work surface (keep the remaining sheets covered in cling film). Brush the sheet with a little of the olive oil, place another sheet on top, brush evenly with a little more oil. Cut into four squares.
- Place a 10g chunk of goats cheese in the middle of each square and top with a small teaspoonful of the cranberry sauce, fold the pastry around the filling and scrunch the top so it holds together, brush all over with olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Continue until you have used all the filo sheets and goats cheese. Reserve the remaining cranberry sauce to serve with the parcels.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes until golden and crisp. Serve warm with an extra spoonful of the cranberrry sauce, garnish with rocket leaves.
Cook’s Tip: The goats cheese can be replaced with blue cheese. To freeze, place uncooked parcels on a tray and open freeze before carefully covering in foil. Cook from frozen for a few minutes more
Recipe courtesy of BerryWorld
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!