Crispy Beef Filo Nibbles
Crispy Beef Filo Nibbles are very easy to make and can be served with drinks before a meal or as a canape at a party
- 2 lean thin cut or minute steaks
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- 25g/1oz butter, melted
- 150ml/¼pint sour cream
- 30ml/2tbsp reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 15ml/1tbsp mango chutney or redcurrant jelly
- Grated rind and juice of ½ lemon
- 2.5ml/½tsp garlic salt
- 10ml/2tsp coriander seeds or schezuan peppercorns, finely crushed
- 2tsp/10ml olive oil
- Small bunch flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5, 190°C, 375°F.
- Cover the filo with a damp tea towel. Place a sheet of filo on to a floured surface. Cut into twelve 6-7cm/2½-2¾inch squares. Line each non-stick mini muffin hole with 3 buttered filo squares, placing each one at a slightly different angle, then gently press down to make a tartlet shell.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl mix together the soured cream, mayonnaise and mango chutney or redcurrant jelly and the lemon juice and rind. Spoon a little of the mixture into the base of each filo shell and place on a serving platter.
- Coat the steaks on both sides in the garlic salt, coriander seeds or schezuan spices. Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan and sear the beef for 1-2 minutes on each side. Set aside to rest for 1-2 minutes then slice.
- Arrange the beef slices over the flavoured cream and garnish with a parsley leaf. Serve immediately.
Recipe supplied by: Simply Beef and Lamb
To visit Simply Lamb and Beef click here ←
For more delicious recipes click here ←
Image provided by EBLEX
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Beating Winter Blues: Helping the Elderly Stay Active and Engaged - January 19, 2018
- New Year, New Wardrobe - January 19, 2018
- It’s time to Outfox the Market - January 19, 2018
- A New Year with Heart Valve Voice - January 19, 2018
- William has embraced bald and shaved his head – was it the right decision? - January 18, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!