Crispy Beef Filo Nibbles
Crispy Beef Filo Nibbles are very easy to make and can be served with drinks before a meal or as a canape at a party
- 2 lean thin cut or minute steaks
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- 25g/1oz butter, melted
- 150ml/¼pint sour cream
- 30ml/2tbsp reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 15ml/1tbsp mango chutney or redcurrant jelly
- Grated rind and juice of ½ lemon
- 2.5ml/½tsp garlic salt
- 10ml/2tsp coriander seeds or schezuan peppercorns, finely crushed
- 2tsp/10ml olive oil
- Small bunch flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5, 190°C, 375°F.
- Cover the filo with a damp tea towel. Place a sheet of filo on to a floured surface. Cut into twelve 6-7cm/2½-2¾inch squares. Line each non-stick mini muffin hole with 3 buttered filo squares, placing each one at a slightly different angle, then gently press down to make a tartlet shell.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl mix together the soured cream, mayonnaise and mango chutney or redcurrant jelly and the lemon juice and rind. Spoon a little of the mixture into the base of each filo shell and place on a serving platter.
- Coat the steaks on both sides in the garlic salt, coriander seeds or schezuan spices. Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan and sear the beef for 1-2 minutes on each side. Set aside to rest for 1-2 minutes then slice.
- Arrange the beef slices over the flavoured cream and garnish with a parsley leaf. Serve immediately.
Recipe supplied by: Simply Beef and Lamb
To visit Simply Lamb and Beef click here ←
For more delicious recipes click here ←
Image provided by EBLEX
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Win a free pair of shoes from Hotter worth £129 - August 1, 2021
- Win ONE of THREE copies of Life in Colour with David Attenborough on DVD! - August 1, 2021
- Win ONE of TEN Allium Superglobe mix bundles! - July 31, 2021
- How to Sell Your Car for the Best Price - July 28, 2021
- Advice for expats heading home - July 28, 2021