Banoffee Pie with a twist
Not much compares to the unctuous, sweetly satisfying taste of a good old Banoffee Pie, but this version with the addition of an iced coffee twist seems to do the trick just nicely, so much so that you’ll be hard pushed to stop at just one slice!
Preparation time: 20 minutes plus 4 hours chilling
Cooking time: 10 minutes
What You Need
For the base
200g digestive biscuits
70g butter, melted
For the filling
150g soft brown sugar
150g salted butter
397g can condensed milk
For the topping
2 bananas, just ripe
150ml Arctic Iced Coffee Latte
400ml Double cream
1 flake chocolate bar
What to do
- Put the digestives in the food processor and whizz to crumbs. Pour in the melted butter and blend until combined.
- Tip the crumbs into a 24cm loose bottomed tart tin or spring form tin and press down with the back of a spoon to make a firm, even base. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
- In a saucepan melt together the butter and sugar, stirring so that they combine as they melt. Make sure the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the condensed milk and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and cook whilst stirring for a few minutes until the colour darkens slightly then remove from the heat.
- Pour the caramel over the cooled biscuit base and return to the fridge. Leave to chill completely for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, take the pie out of its tin and slide onto a serving plate.
- Whip the cream to firm peaks then slowly add the Arctic Iced Coffee as you continue to whisk, bringing it back to peaks after each addition.
- Slice the bananas and layer them over the caramel. Spoon the coffee cream over the top and sprinkle with chocolate flake.
Recipe courtesy of Arctic Iced Coffee
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!