Blackberry and Coconut Parfait
Blackberry and Coconut Parfait is gluten free, and is an easy dessert that can be made the day before, even the week before and kept in the freezer all ready and waiting to go.
Just remember to take it out of the freezer when you sit down for your main course so that it has a little time to defrost slightly so that the flavour of the blackberries comes through and the parfait is soft enough to slice.
Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 3-4 minutes
Chill: 6 hours or overnight
40g (11/2oz) butter
40g (11/2oz) flaked almonds, roughly crushed
40g (11/2oz) pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon caster sugar
400g (14oz) can full fat coconut milk
2 limes, grated rind of both, juice of 1
4 tablespoons runny honey
75g (3oz) caster sugar
450g (1lb) Greek style yogurt
225g (8 oz) blackberries
Viola flowers to decorate, optional
WHAT TO DO:
- Line the base and two long sides of a 900g (2lb) non-stick loaf tin with a strip of non-stick baking paper or clingfilm.
- To make the granola topping, heat the butter in a frying pan, stir in the flaked almonds and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring until just beginning to colour. Mix in the pistachio nuts and sugar and cook for 1 minute until the sugar has dissolved then take off the heat and leave to cool.
- For the parfait, pour the coconut milk into a mixing bowl, add the lime rind and juice, honey and sugar and whisk together until smooth. Add the yogurt and whisk briefly until smooth.
- Pour about one third of the parfait mixture into the base of the lined tin. Crumble about one third of the blackberries over the top, breaking up with fingertips, then spoon over half the remaining parfait mix and repeat so that all the parfait mixture and all the blackberries are added to the tin.
- Level the surface of the mixture and spoon over the cooled granola in an even layer. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight, covering the top with climgfilm as soon as it is hard.
- To serve, take the parfait out of the freezer 15-25 minutes before you are ready to serve it. Allow to defrost slightly then run a wetted round bladed knife round the sides of the parfait to loosen it. Turn out on to a plate, peel off the lining paper or clingfilm. Decorate, if liked, with tiny viola flowers and cut into thick slices with a hot knife.
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- The unwavering popularity of Optiflame® - February 20, 2017
- Is a Jaffa Cake a biscuit or a cake? - February 20, 2017
- The Active Collection from Hotter - February 20, 2017
- Enjoy the benefits of owning a dog without the commitment - February 20, 2017
- Win a case of wine up to the value of £250! - February 19, 2017
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!