This dessert is quick and easy but still a show-stopper.
The delicious combination of coffee, chocolate and cream is always a winner.
Serves: 6-8 Preparation time: 20 minutes plus 2hours chilling
- 600ml double cream
- 250ml mascarpone
- 80g sugar
- 1 carton Arctic Iced Coffee Mocha
- 3tbsp Kahlua or Marsala (optional)
- 175g sponge fingers
- 3tbsp Cocoa powder
- Whisk together the double cream, mascarpone and sugar to a medium peak.
- Pour the Arctic Iced coffee and kahlua, if using, into a wide shallow bowl or baking dish. Put half of the sponge fingers into the liquid and turn them over so they get a good covering of coffee. Lay them in the bottom of your dish and spoon a further 3tbsp of coffee over.
- Spread half of the cream mixture over the sponges and use a small sieve to give an even cover of cocoa.
- Repeat the process of dipping the remaining sponges and make another layer then drizzle with another 3tbsp of coffee.
- Pour the remaining coffee into the cream mixture and whisk again until its thick.
- Spread this mixture on top of the exposed sponges and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve cover the top with the remaining cocoa.
Recipe courtesy of arcticicedcoffee.co.uk
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Reading the label: identify the different kinds of sugar - February 25, 2020
- Clever uses for mayonnaise - February 24, 2020
- Sweet & Savoury Pancakes for Pancake Day - February 20, 2020
- Step back in time: to 1991 - February 19, 2020
- Dating stories from over 50s - February 13, 2020
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!