Sweet Cherry Sorbet
This delicious sorbet recipe is just the thing for a summer heatwave!
It preps quickly and can be frozen over the course of the day to be enjoyed after dinner.
Split the mixture into two trays to help it freeze quicker.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 20 minutes Freeze time: 8 to 9 hours to freeze mixture
- 4 cups Northwest fresh sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup club soda
- Puree cherries, sugar and lemon juice in food processor or blender.
- Pour into 2-quart saucepan; bring to a boil and cook 3 minutes. Cool thoroughly.
- Stir in club soda.
- Pour into shallow 8-inch baking pan; freeze 1-1/2 hours or until edges are solid but center is slushy.
- Spoon frozen mixture into food processor or blender; process to a coarse texture.
- Freeze 1-1/2 hours or until edges are solid but center is slushy. Repeat processing step.
- Freeze 6 hours or longer.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving: 204 Cal., 2 g pro., 13 g fat (6% Cal from fat), 50 g carb, 0 mg chol., 2 g fiber, 12 mg sodium.
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Clever uses for cling film - August 23, 2019
- Keep learning with the best Open University courses - August 22, 2019
- How dating online can expand your options - August 21, 2019
- Should Bake Off feature more silver bakers? - August 20, 2019
- Grown-up burger recipes for National Burger Day! - August 20, 2019
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!