Sweet Eve Strawberry & Blackberry Clafoutis
This beautifully summery French dessert is bursting with fruity deliciousness, perfect for alfresco dining. I love the way you can see the whole berries nestling in the buttery cake mixture. Served with crème fraiche, this is divine.
Serves: 6 | Preparation time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 35 minutes
A little butter for greasing
150g Sweet Eve strawberries, halved
1 tbsp brandy
60g plain flour
1\2 level tsp baking powder
100g caster sugar
3 large free range eggs
1\2 tsp vanilla extract
250ml single cream
icing sugar for dusting
What to do
- Preheat the oven to 180°c and grease a baking dish.
- In a bowl mix the strawberries and blackberries with the brandy and allow to sit.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and stir in the baking powder, sugar and salt. In a separate, dish whisk the eggs, vanilla and cream together then slowly add the mix to the flour, stirring until you have a smooth batter.
- Place the brandied fruit into the greased dish arranging it so that the rounded sides of the strawberries face upwards and pour the batter over the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes until puffed up and golden brown. Remove from the oven, dust with the icing sugar and serve.
Recipe by: www.sweetevestrawberry.co.uk
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Quiz: Can you name all these types of pasta? - October 24, 2021
- 5 Overseas Hampers to send to loved ones abroad - October 22, 2021
- 8 Calendars to help you make the most of 2022 - October 22, 2021
- Must-read annuals guaranteed to entertain - October 22, 2021
- Plan a Christmas to remember with our range of thoughtful gifts for your loved ones - October 22, 2021