Sweet Eve Strawberry & Blackberry Clafoutis
This beautifully summery French dessert is bursting with fruity deliciousness, perfect for alfresco dining. I love the way you can see the whole berries nestling in the buttery cake mixture. Served with crème fraiche, this is divine.
Serves: 6 | Preparation time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 35 minutes
A little butter for greasing
150g Sweet Eve strawberries, halved
1 tbsp brandy
60g plain flour
1\2 level tsp baking powder
100g caster sugar
3 large free range eggs
1\2 tsp vanilla extract
250ml single cream
icing sugar for dusting
What to do
- Preheat the oven to 180°c and grease a baking dish.
- In a bowl mix the strawberries and blackberries with the brandy and allow to sit.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and stir in the baking powder, sugar and salt. In a separate, dish whisk the eggs, vanilla and cream together then slowly add the mix to the flour, stirring until you have a smooth batter.
- Place the brandied fruit into the greased dish arranging it so that the rounded sides of the strawberries face upwards and pour the batter over the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes until puffed up and golden brown. Remove from the oven, dust with the icing sugar and serve.
Recipe by: www.sweetevestrawberry.co.uk
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Are you leaving your potential PPI claim to vanish as a result of the FCA deadline? - May 22, 2018
- Are ‘female equality’ and ‘feminism’ the same thing? - May 22, 2018
- Step Aboard - May 21, 2018
- In 1961, Hull did something extraordinary - May 21, 2018
- Time to make ‘living the dream’ a reality - May 21, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!