Toffee Cranberry Pudding
This delicious toffee cranberry pudding recipe is ideal when you need to put together a quick dessert but don’t want anything quite as rich and sweet and sticky toffee pudding.
You get the satisfying taste of toffee, while cranberry brings a seasonal flavour. Can be made as one large pudding or several individual portions.
Serves: 4-6 (depending on size of pudding basins) Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes
- 110g/4oz butter, softened
- 175g/6oz soft light brown sugar
- 2 free range eggs
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 110g/4oz wholemeal self-raising flour
- 50g/2oz fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1-2tbsp milk
For the sauce
- 110g/4oz fresh cranberries
- 4tbsp water
- 110g/4oz soft light brown sugar
- 25g/1oz butter
- 50ml/floz double cream
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas Mark 4. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Then blend in the eggs, vanilla, flour and cranberries, adding a little milk if necessary to give a fairly soft consistency.
- Spoon the mixture into lightly greased individual pudding basins. Cover each loosely with a piece of greased greaseproof paper. Place on a baking tray and bake for 25-30 minutes until well risen and just firm.
- For the sauce place the cranberries in a saucepan with the water and sugar and heat gently until the cranberries pop and burst and the sauce reduces a little. Stir in the butter and continue for a few minutes until the sauce thickens and becomes slightly syrupy.
- To serve turn out the puddings and pour on a little of the cranberry toffee sauce. Serve with thick cream or ice cream and the rest of the sauce.
Cook’s tip: To cook one large pudding you will need 1.2litre/2pint basin lightly greased. Cover with greased greaseproof paper and tie with string. Allow 1½ -2 hours traditional steaming in a large pan of simmering water, topping up with extra water occasionally.
Recipe courtesy of BerryWorld
Silversurfer's Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Assistant Editor (see all)
- Did you put off retirement due to money worries? - July 18, 2018
- Tips for tracing old pensions - July 18, 2018
- Barbecued corn on the cob with shallot herb butter - July 16, 2018
- Clever uses for self-adhesive Command™ hooks - July 13, 2018
- Summer roulade recipes - July 12, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!