These modern mince pies are a delicious spin on a classic – and with less sugar and fat than the original, you can enjoy this festive favourite guilt free!
Makes: 12 Prep time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 12-15 minutes
- 400g shortcrust or puff pastry, depending on preference
- 6 tbsp Streamline blackcurrant jam
- 75g mixed dried fruit
- 1 medium eating apple, peeled and finely grated
- 1 egg beaten
- 0% yoghurt or orange zest to serve
What to do:
- Pre heat oven 200c/180c fan/ gas 6.
- Roll out the pastry and cut 12 x 8cm circles with a fluted cutter and cut out 12 stars with a star cutter. Line a shallow bun tin with the circles.
- Mix together the Streamline blackcurrant jam, dried fruit and grated apple. Place spoonfuls into the pastry cases, top with the pastry stars and brush with a little milk or beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 12 minutes until golden. Serve warm with a spoonful of 0% fat yoghurt and a sprinkling of orange zest.
Recipe courtesy of: www.streamlinefoods.co.uk