Flavoured ice cubes for Gin & Tonic
Add a festive twist to your Gin & Tonic for your New Year celebrations with this quick and simple recipe for flavoured ice cubes.
Though radish and grapefruit might seem like an odd combination, they add a subtle brightness to your drink without overpowering the fresh flavour of the Tonic. Will you give it a go?
Makes: 12 cubes Prep time: 10 mins plus 3-4 hours freezing time
- 4 radishes, sliced thinly
- 1 grapefruit, ¼ cut into tiny wedges and the rest squeezed
What to do
- Divide the radish and grapefruit between a 12 hole ice cube tray.
- Divide the grapefruit juice between the holes too then cover with water and freeze until solid
- Tip: When frozen, transfer the ice cubes to a freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze for up to 6 months, this way you can keep topping up your supply.
Recipe courtesy of www.lovethecrunch.com
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Are banks doing enough to combat fraud? - November 20, 2018
- Password protection tools - November 19, 2018
- Has the public lost interest in Christmas adverts? - November 16, 2018
- Try this: make your own vanilla extract - November 15, 2018
- Asparagus, ricotta and pancetta pizza - November 14, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!