Festive Blueberry and Bergamot Popcorn with salted caramel
This festive popcorn with blueberry, bergamot and salted caramel is ideal for Christmas party nibbles.
It also works well as a festive gift for a friend or neighbour, or as your contribution to the table for a Christmas party.
Serves: 2 Prep and cook time: 15 minutes
- 50g popping corn
- 50g sugar
- ½ tsp bergamot lemon or lemon zest
- 100g Chilean blueberries, half roughly chopped
- sprinkling of sea salt
- Place the corn in a lidded pan (a clear lid is helpful so you can see how much corn has popped) and heat over a medium heat until the corn has stopped popping, shaking the pan occasionally – this will take several minutes. Once it has all popped spread it out on a baking sheet.
- Place the sugar in a small heavy based pan over a medium heat to melt, swirling it gently round to ensure any remaining crystals have melted. It will melt to a light caramel, let it darken slightly before removing from the heat.
- Quickly scatter the lemon zest and blueberries over the popcorn and drizzle over the caramel then stir to mix. You will get some clumps and some smaller pieces.
- Sprinkle with the sea salt and serve warm or cool and pack into bags or pots as presents. Best eaten the same day but it will stay reasonably crisp for a day or two.
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- One pot stovetop mac and cheese with chilli - December 13, 2019
- Living alone? Try these tips to help you feel safe and secure - December 10, 2019
- Make your food last longer with these hints and tips - December 10, 2019
- Festive sweet treats for Christmas - December 9, 2019
- What’s the best Christmas chocolate? - December 6, 2019
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!