Prawn Tacos with Strawberry Salsa
Zesty, fresh and light, this recipe for prawn tacos with strawberry, avocado and jalapeno is perfect for summer!
The flavours combine beautifully to give a hit of sweet and spice and are quick to prepare and make; serve buffet style and let the whole family make their own!
Serves: 4 Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes
For the salsa
- 250g hulled strawberries
- 2 ripe avocados
- A squeeze of lime juice
- 1 red onion
- 3 jalapenos
- 1 small handful of fresh coriander
- Seat salt and pepper
For the spice mix
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp dried coriander
- A pinch of cumin
- A pinch of dried oregano
- A pinch of turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 50ml olive oil
- 800g raw kings prawns
- 8-12 soft corn tacos
- 4 limes (quartered)
Salad to serve
- Firstly make the salsa, then it can sit marinating for a while. To do this, dice the strawberries and avocados into roughly the same sized pieces (just under 1cm square) then mix with a squeeze of lime juice. Next, finely dice the red onion and the jalapenos and mix with the strawberries, avocados and a handful of fresh coriander. Season and set aside.
- For the prawns, first make the spice mix by stirring the spices with the chopped garlic and adding to the olive oil. Next, de-head the prawns and take out the black line on their back, then cover the prawns with the spiced olive oil.
- To heat the tacos, either dry-fry them or wrap them in foil and place in the oven at 200°C/180°C fan/Gas mark 6 for 10 minutes.
- To cook the prawns, place on skewers and BBQ the prawns for about 2 minutes each side (depending on thickness). The meat should turn white and the outside should turn pink.
- To serve, place a couple of tacos on each plate, pile in the prawns and salsa, then serve with salad and the limes on the side. More chilli sauce can be added if you like it hot! Roll up the tacos and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of BerryWorld
Silversurfer's Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Assistant Editor (see all)
- Books to give and receive for Christmas 2017 - December 12, 2017
- Have people forgotten the true meaning of Christmas? - December 11, 2017
- 8 tips for serving fizz, wines and cocktails this festive season - December 10, 2017
- Which retro party foods have you served? - December 8, 2017
- Festive Blueberry and Bergamot Popcorn with salted caramel - December 8, 2017
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!