Prawn Tacos with Strawberry Salsa
Zesty, fresh and light, this recipe for prawn tacos with strawberry, avocado and jalapeno is perfect for summer!
The flavours combine beautifully to give a hit of sweet and spice and are quick to prepare and make; serve buffet style and let the whole family make their own!
Serves: 4 Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes
For the salsa
- 250g hulled strawberries
- 2 ripe avocados
- A squeeze of lime juice
- 1 red onion
- 3 jalapenos
- 1 small handful of fresh coriander
- Seat salt and pepper
For the spice mix
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp dried coriander
- A pinch of cumin
- A pinch of dried oregano
- A pinch of turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 50ml olive oil
- 800g raw kings prawns
- 8-12 soft corn tacos
- 4 limes (quartered)
Salad to serve
- Firstly make the salsa, then it can sit marinating for a while. To do this, dice the strawberries and avocados into roughly the same sized pieces (just under 1cm square) then mix with a squeeze of lime juice. Next, finely dice the red onion and the jalapenos and mix with the strawberries, avocados and a handful of fresh coriander. Season and set aside.
- For the prawns, first make the spice mix by stirring the spices with the chopped garlic and adding to the olive oil. Next, de-head the prawns and take out the black line on their back, then cover the prawns with the spiced olive oil.
- To heat the tacos, either dry-fry them or wrap them in foil and place in the oven at 200°C/180°C fan/Gas mark 6 for 10 minutes.
- To cook the prawns, place on skewers and BBQ the prawns for about 2 minutes each side (depending on thickness). The meat should turn white and the outside should turn pink.
- To serve, place a couple of tacos on each plate, pile in the prawns and salsa, then serve with salad and the limes on the side. More chilli sauce can be added if you like it hot! Roll up the tacos and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of BerryWorld