Rocket and Salmon Puttanesca
Bring the taste of Italy to your kitchen with this delicious rocket and salmon puttanesca recipe.
It’s quick and easy to prep and can be on the table in just twenty minutes – perfect for busy days.
Serves: 2 Prep time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 50g black olives, chopped
- 1tbsp capers, chopped
- 200ml passata
- 2 salmon fillets
- 200g spaghetti
- 1 bag rocket
- Fill a kettle with water and bring to the boil.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently cook the garlic, just when it starts to become golden, add the chilli, olives and capers cook for 1 minute then add the passata and stir.
- Pour the boiling water into a large saucepan and cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
- Lay the salmon fillets on top of the sauce, season with pepper and cover tightly with foil. Leave to gently bubble and steam for 8-10 minutes
- When the salmon is cooked, carefully lift out of the pan and set aside on a warm plate. When the pasta is cooked drain and return to the pan, add the rocket, along with the sauce. Stir well so it’s totally coated and the rocket is wilted. Taste to check the seasoning.
- Divide the pasta between 2 plates, flake the salmon over the top and serve.
Silversurfer's Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Assistant Editor (see all)
- Simple steps to increase your feeling of wellbeing - January 16, 2018
- Do you believe in Blue Monday? - January 15, 2018
- Small adjustments that make a big impact on eating habits - January 12, 2018
- Should the government take a firmer stance on obesity? - January 11, 2018
- Fish tacos in baby gem cups - January 11, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!