Spicy Brazilian Prawns
This flavoursome one-pot prawn dish is the perfect warming meal for autumn.
Bring the fragrant flavours of Rio to your kitchen – it’s quick and easy to make and works perfectly on weeknights.
Serves: 2 Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 3 sticks of celery, finely sliced
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and sliced
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, skinned & chopped
- 6 spring onions, chopped into 2cm chunks
- 400ml coconut milk
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 150g raw king prawns
- Small bunch coriander
- 1 lemon
What to do
- In a large saucepan heat the oil over a medium heat and gently cook the celery and pepper for 4-5 minutes with the lid on, stirring occasionally, until it starts to soften.
- Add the garlic, chilli and cayenne and stir. After a minute stir in the tomatoes and spring onions. Cook for 3-4 minutes then add the coconut milk and stock. Bring to the boil.
- Add the prawns and season. Simmer gently for 5-6 mins until the prawns are cooked. Check the seasoning then divide the stew between two bowls and top with coriander and a squeeze of lemon.
- Serve with rice or a chunk of bread.
Recipe courtesy of www.lovethecrunch.com
Silversurfer's Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Assistant Editor (see all)
- Clever uses for cream of tartar - February 23, 2018
- Tips for building your online dating profile - February 22, 2018
- Warm Salad of Eastern Pulled Lamb and Chickpeas - February 21, 2018
- Is marriage outdated? - February 20, 2018
- Introducing a new partner to your children and grandchildren - February 19, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!