Layered berry breakfast pots
Decadent foods and large meals go hand-in-hand with the festive period; between Christmas parties and family gatherings, come breakfast the next day we can’t face eating another heavy meal.
These breakfast pots are the perfect solution. Quick and easy to make and easy to serve, they are healthy, light and ideal for making ahead the night before a busy day.
Packed with protein, vitamins and nutrients, this is the healthy and tasty breakfast you need to fuel everything from shopping to late night parties this festive period.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 15 minutes
- 75g/3oz muesli
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 100ml/31/2fl oz freshly squeezed orange juice or from a carton
- 500g/1lb 2 oz carton coconut or honey flavoured Greek style yogurt
- 350g/12oz strawberries, hulled
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 100g/4oz blackberries
- Few extra strawberries, hulled, sliced
- Mix the muesli, goji berries and orange juice together then spoon half the mixture into the base of 4 x 370g/121/2oz clip top or screw topped jam jars. Top with a layer of yogurt.
- Roughly chop then mash the strawberries with a fork. Mix with the chia seeds and spoon over the top of the yogurt.
- Cover with most of the remaining muesli then the yogurt. Sprinkle with the blackberries, a few extra sliced strawberries and the rest of the muesli. Clip or screw on the lids and serve now, or chill until ready to serve.
If you’re not a fan of muesli, then simply stir the strawberry and chia mix and whole blackberries into your favourite flavoured yogurt.