Layered berry breakfast pots
Decadent foods and large meals go hand-in-hand with the festive period; between Christmas parties and family gatherings, come breakfast the next day we can’t face eating another heavy meal.
These breakfast pots are the perfect solution. Quick and easy to make and easy to serve, they are healthy, light and ideal for making ahead the night before a busy day.
Packed with protein, vitamins and nutrients, this is the healthy and tasty breakfast you need to fuel everything from shopping to late night parties this festive period.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 15 minutes
- 75g/3oz muesli
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 100ml/31/2fl oz freshly squeezed orange juice or from a carton
- 500g/1lb 2 oz carton coconut or honey flavoured Greek style yogurt
- 350g/12oz strawberries, hulled
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 100g/4oz blackberries
- Few extra strawberries, hulled, sliced
- Mix the muesli, goji berries and orange juice together then spoon half the mixture into the base of 4 x 370g/121/2oz clip top or screw topped jam jars. Top with a layer of yogurt.
- Roughly chop then mash the strawberries with a fork. Mix with the chia seeds and spoon over the top of the yogurt.
- Cover with most of the remaining muesli then the yogurt. Sprinkle with the blackberries, a few extra sliced strawberries and the rest of the muesli. Clip or screw on the lids and serve now, or chill until ready to serve.
If you’re not a fan of muesli, then simply stir the strawberry and chia mix and whole blackberries into your favourite flavoured yogurt.
Silversurfer's Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Assistant Editor (see all)
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!