Lamb & Sweetfire® Beetroot Burgers with Feta
These tasty Lamb & Sweetfire® Beetroot Burgers with Feta are a variation of a traditional burger and make a nice change for your BBQ repertoire!
Wow guests with these delicious lamb burgers – the beetroot makes them a great colour and they literally melt in the middle thanks to the feta surprise.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
500g minced lamb
250g Sweetfire® beetroot*, finely chopped
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp chopped mint
2 cloves garlic, crushed
100g feta cheese, cut into 4 pieces
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 burger buns or ciabatta rolls
Cherry tomatoes, cut in ½
Finely sliced red onion rings
What to do:
- In a large bowl, combine the lamb, Sweetfire® beetroot, egg, mint and garlic. Season to taste with salt & freshly ground black pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Divide into 4 equal portions. Take one portion and flatten it in the palm of your hand. Place a cube of feta in the middle and draw the meat up and over the cheese, moulding it into a burger shape and taking care to ensure the cheese is totally surrounded. Repeat with the other meat portions and set aside in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- When you are ready to cook the burgers, heat a griddle pan (or BBQ) to medium hot and cook the burgers for around 6-8 minutes on each side. Check they are cooked by inserting a skewer into the middle. If it comes out piping hot to touch they are cooked, if not cook for a further minute or so.
- Serve the burgers in buns with salad.
* Ruby red baby beetroot, freshly cooked and infused with Sweetfire® marinade (a natural marinade made using chillis, oil, a little sugar, and white wine vinegar) which adds a delicious kick to salads and spices up cold meats and sandwiches. Available from Tescos and Waitrose.
Recipe by : Lovebeetroot.co.uk
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- 5 Overseas Hampers to send to loved ones abroad - October 22, 2021
- 8 Calendars to help you make the most of 2022 - October 22, 2021
- Must-read annuals guaranteed to entertain - October 22, 2021
- Plan a Christmas to remember with our range of thoughtful gifts for your loved ones - October 22, 2021
- Have you been able to book your Covid Booster yet? - October 21, 2021