Spaghetti with Leeks, Peas, Bacon and Lemon
Spaghetti with Leeks, Peas, Bacon and Lemon is a quick and easy dish to rustle up, making a delicious mid-week lunch or supper.
Great served with a crisp green salad too!
Prep 15 minutes
Cook 15 minutes
Cost £4.50 (for four)
400g dried spaghetti
150g bacon lardons
200g leeks finely chopped
400ml crème fraiche
100g cooked peas
Juice and zest of one lemon
Salt and cracked black pepper
Small bunch of chopped flat leaf parsley
50g Parmesan for grating
- Bring a medium pan of salted water to the boil, add the spaghetti and cook accordingly to the packet instructions
- In the meantime, fry the bacon in a medium sized pan over a low heat until the fat releases from the bacon. Turn up the heat so that the bacon starts to colour, about 5 minutes. Then add the leeks and cook for a further 5 minutes
- Add the crème fraiche and cook until it starts to bubble and reduce slightly
- By now your pasta should be cooked. Drain and set aside
- Add the lemon juice and zest to your sauce
- Season with salt and pepper and add the chopped parsley
- Toss the pasta in the sauce, serve in bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan
Recipe by: British Leeks
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Should Londoners choose if they want to use Uber? - September 24, 2017
- Four reasons you should book a holiday in October… - September 22, 2017
- Win One of Two Food Boxes from HelloFresh! - September 20, 2017
- Living Positively With Early Onset Dementia - September 17, 2017
- Cunard Summer 2019 itineraries are now ON SALE! - September 15, 2017
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!